Caribou Gear

Homemade boot dryer

OntarioHunter

It's the time of year for sweaty soggy boots. Thought you might like this homemade boot dryer I threw together a few years ago. It's made of 2" ABS pipe and T junction. Forget about the U-bolts. Should have simply attached the junction to the base with wood screws through the bottom. The hair dryer is cheap Conair model from Walmart. Just pressed into T junction, not glued. Also pipes aren't glued. Stick them in as needed. That way the whole thing breaks down for easy packing. Very rugged so no worries about banging it up. I also have a long tube for drying out my floating waterfowl gun case. Works great for gloves and mitts. WARNING! Only use the dryer's low heat setting. High heat will warp the ABS and do a number on boot insoles. On low heat this thing will dry out my Muck Boots in about twenty minutes.boot dryer montage.JPG

Ha. I really like that idea. I tried to make something similar a few years back that went over the heater vent in my living room. Worked until it didn't .

I have had a Peet boot dryer for about 20 years now. Got when I was stationed at JBLM where everything is ALWAYS wet. They are awesome. Yours looks sweet.

I made something similar for drying mine and my son’s hockey gear. Looked similar to this:

1605643170583.jpeg

Skates, gloves and helmet went over the vertical pipes. Shin pads, elbow pads and shoulder pads went on like they would on a person. Pants hung off the “neck” pipe. Worked great for many years and helped keep the stink factor down. Just used a fan vs. hair dryer since air flow was more important than heat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back