Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Homebrewing

BishopB7

Just curious if there are any home beer brewers out there? Just finished my first batch and popped one open last night. Was skeptical, but now I’m really excited cause it’s pretty good stuff! I’ve got 4 gallons of west coast ipa haha. If you’ve ever wanted to try this out, I highly suggest it! Thought I’d randomly share this with everyone! Cheers!

I haven't made beer before but have made hard cider and wine. Pretty fun drinking your own product. For our wedding the wife and I made and bottled over 200 bottles of wine as a party gift to give away for the guest, we had quite the operation going in in our basement.

I've been homebrewing for 11 years or so. Outside of hunting it's the hobby that takes up my time and garage space. I use to be big into competitions and did well on that front, had my beer brewed at several breweries in AK and MT. Now I'm mostly involved as the president of the local homebrew club, doing what I can to promote the hobby and the craft beer industry.

I've been homebrewing for 11 years or so. Outside of hunting it's the hobby that takes up my time and garage space. I use to be big into competitions and did well on that front, had my beer brewed at several breweries in AK and MT. Now I'm mostly involved as the president of the local homebrew club, doing what I can to promote the hobby and the craft beer industry.

That would be awesome to start entering small craft competitions later down the road, but for now I think I have found an awesome thing to occupy the down months. I am a super rookie, but I can definitely see this art occupying a lot of my time. Probably going to start investing slowly in more gadgets. I think a wort chiller is my next addition, along with a dedicated wort kettle, and a burner. I think next I'll be attempting some sort of red ipa.

I've got 5 gallons of triple IPA and 5 gallons of a Belgian/IPA mix in my keezer. These are my 3rd and 4th beer brewed since i got back into the game several months ago.

Eric it is very fun drinking your own product. Homemade wine seems like it would be quite the operation! A lot of grapes lol If I would have started doing this a year ago, I could have kegged up a bunch for my wedding haha Would have been cheaper I bet.

I've got 5 gallons of triple IPA and 5 gallons of a Belgian/IPA mix in my keezer. These are my 3rd and 4th beer brewed since i got back into the game several months ago.

This is a very very good thing to have on hand! I think I'll start my next batch this weekend.

I have done a couple batches. An amber and an IPA. Both turned out great. I used kits but now would like to branch out away from a kit brew and try my own recipe. It is fun and a good way to spend some time especially during the winter.

I will attest to Kaitum's beer making abilities.

I've tried homebrewing but never graduated beyond extract brewing and I produced several mediocre batches so I've basically given up considering my other expensive hobbies.

I have been a home brewer for 6+ years now and I just killed my keg of NE hazy....I make a good Hefe, just ask Cushman :) OK, well he liked it anyway...lol Nothing like mosaic, cascade and simcoe hops :)

Cheers !

I love the amount of people brewing and enjoying home/craft brews on H/T!! Ive got a long way to go before I move past the malt extract and predetermined hop stage. Even if I stick to a predetermined recipe, with a predetermined amount of malt and hops for the rest of my days, I'll still have a great time doing it!

But....Ive been doing a little research, and Im looking at brewing an Irish red and incorporating some sort of rye whiskey into the batch. Wheels are turning now my friends.

Not a home-brewer (anymore) but I am a professional brewer (R&D) for a larger craft brewery out West and I teach a brewing course. A wort chiller would be good and then I would invest in everything you can to control your fermentation. The brew house is the sexy stuff, but good beer is made with good fermentation. Gotta keep your yeast happy. Remember, you make wort; yeast make beer! Enjoy your new hobby.

Not a home-brewer (anymore) but I am a professional brewer (R&D) for a larger craft brewery out West and I teach a brewing course. A wort chiller would be good and then I would invest in everything you can to control your fermentation. The brew house is the sexy stuff, but good beer is made with good fermentation. Gotta keep your yeast happy. Remember, you make wort; yeast make beer! Enjoy your new hobby.

Two biggest improvements to my process: yeast management and fermentation temperature control.

What is the best way to keep your fermentation cool in the summer months?

My father made "home made red wine"years ago.Me thinks it was an idea from "Herters Catalog"Bought the kit,it was delivered by Pony Express...or maybe wagon train.PANTHER PISS WITH THE FOAM FARTED OFF.I would rather drink Hamms,Buckhorn or PBR> or Maybe Coooors.:(

Agreed! I keep my carboy in my cool crawl space. Stays 62-65 degrees. I use vodka instead of water in my exchanger. What other steps at home can I take to control my fermentation?

My father made "home made red wine"years ago.Me thinks it was an idea from "Herters Catalog"Bought the kit,it was delivered by Pony Express...or maybe wagon train.PANTHER PISS WITH THE FOAM FARTED OFF.I would rather drink Hamms,Buckhorn or PBR> or Maybe Coooors.:(

Coors is the nectar of the Gods!!

Coors light is fair to middlin' left in the freezer for a coupl'A hours Lager is the onliest beer here in the Zone' dirtc;od Az,:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back