Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Holy crappola

GatoMan

I have been shooting a few 3-D archery shoots this spring, but todays shoot totally kicked my ass...lol. I just wondering how extreme the targets are set up at other shoots if you go to them..... This shoot was held in rims along a ridge...most all the targets might as well been steel cause if you missed you was hitting a rock and ruining an arrow. Raccoons, turkeys, rockchuck, wolverine, bobcat targets out at 35-40 yds, 1 mnt goat target about 35 yds on the edge of a cliff that if you missed your arrow was going to fly a good hundred or more yds down the ridge into la-la land. The biggest target there was the goat, no elk, caribou, buffallo or any of the bigger targets I am use to seeing at shoots. Local archery shop sponsored the trophys, I can see why, hes going to make a killing selling arrows to all the misfortunute...lol. One target, a bad release at a bobcat@35 yds, clipped my coat sleeve(was fuggin cold and windy) and I drove an arrow into a sandstone bluff about 4 inchs....lol. I seen a group of traditional guys snapping arrows at targets like they were trying to gather kindling to start a fire, latter on in the course I seen they had completely ignored the rules and was shooting where they wanted too...lol, can't say I blame them it was a killer.... I wish I had pics of a few of the targets, it was cool, but frigin tougher then any shoot I have been to, like a whole different league. I think my uncle was the only guy to turn in a score card in the unlimited class before we left...to many embarrased like myself to turn it in....lol.

Yeah, for no more then I have been to, I would have to say it was a wee bit "extreme" but definately kept things interesting...everyone shot from the same spot, kids, traditional, unlimited etc, etc. Had 2 groups ahead of me, both father/son, they completely were skipping a few of the targets as they knew there kid had no way in heck to hit them and wasn't going to crawl down the cliffs to retreive a lost arrow. When I first pulled up and see a few of the target locations, I was ummmmmm hmmmmm. Guy pulled up next to me said I hope you brought some crappy arrows its a rock buster or a course.....lol. I don't have any "crappy" carbons...lol.

I hit one like that 2 weeks ago Gato.

I shot open and they tore me UP. 40-50-60 yard shots were teh AVERAGE and thread the needle, lay on the ground, kneel down and...it was like a game of twister trying to find a shot while touching the stake:eek:

I got to the end and found out what was up though...bunch of traditional guys were yucking it up....apparantly it's 90% traditional at that club but they needed a little "Capital" so they held the first leg if this tournament. Well those stick and string guys kinda like to make life tough on the cam guys from time to time.

" Oh he's got a scope and cam bow...this shot will be EASy for him":rolleyes:

Have them like that here. Down here in Region 4. But alot are open like the Niagara shoot Minidoka shoot. Pomerelle Magic and Boulder Mtn. shoots are more in the tree's. Usually we have one course in trees and the other open. But I like the tougher shoots because makes the better shots. I shoot carbons and went threw a bunch the first couple yrs but I just go to shoot. Minidoka is in the open and the longer shots are there and is usually very windy there and makes the shoot a little tougher. But I hunt in high winds for Muleys so is like actual hunting to me so why not. Come try a couple the shoots down here.
I will only hit the Pomerelle and Magic then State Jamboree. Due to Bear season. But will be lots of fun. Sorry to hear things went bad for ya.

Well my only bitch wasn't about how I shot but really about the shoot, it was supposed to be a youth education hunters challenge, but kids, traditional, everyone shot from the same distance, 6 yr old kids launching arrows at 40 yd turkeys in a rock pile, I mean geezz give them a break, let them shoot from a seperate stake at least......the people that put it on are fairly new, they only had like 28 targets and most were small due to funding I suppose.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back