Caribou Gear

Holding out for a blonde

Personally I would hold out for a blonde bear . But me knowing myself would shoot the first one I saw ..within reason ..size age .. not a big fan of spring bear meat . Love a good huckleberry patch bear in the fall .

Can't shoot a blonde bear if you shoot a black one first...

Border's closed for now but I can't imagine it won't open by this fall. Should be opened spring 2022. Canadian bear hunts are actually very affordable.
I also believe the borders will be open by fall, but I have zero inside information about that. Some of the concern in The Territories is the lack of medical facilities and personal, however by May 1st everyone who wants the shot should have it by then, so we will see. There will be a push for Americans who have had the shot to fly in and immediately fly to camp ( i.e. --the same program that is in place now for Canadians who fly into The Territories. )

As mentioned above, black bear hunts are very reasonable and are available all over Canada. You will need to travel to The Yukon to hunt Grizzly and those hunts are not cheap. I always smile when I see a Grizzly hunt offered for 25000 to 30000, BUT, you can also harvest a black bear and/or wolf for free.

Last fall a special interest group was formed and have asked for a moratorium on hunting grizzly in The Yukon. To date they have not been able to gain a lot of traction, as unlike B.C. who lost the right to hunt Grizzly a couple of years ago, everybody in The Territories hunt or in one way or another depend on hunting.

However, as mentioned, we do have a lot of Blonde's up here ( bears, not women ;))

Some on this thread and other threads have mentioned how much they enjoy watching the bears in the wilderness. I mentioned this is a previous post, but if the opportunity ever arises for you, a visit to the Great Bear Rainforest to see the Kermode bears will not disappoint you. The island and the bears

I guess I can always send my wife out to the beauty supply store to buy some of that highlighter stuff and we can put some foil on a nice rug.😂

This one seems like the blonde rubbed out sows everyone keeps talking about.

Attachments

• F2AD9383-E036-4A8E-9553-B1DAB2A2C753.jpeg
    F2AD9383-E036-4A8E-9553-B1DAB2A2C753.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 8
I saw a blonde grizzly near Fairbanks in Aug years ago. Beautiful coat. Of the 30 or so other wild bears I’ve seen brown grizzlies and black bears were chocolate or black.

If I had the time and a blonde bear scouted I would. Or a cinnamon. Or a really large boar. Hoping to find a good one in California this year. The bear I ended up with last year I hadn't seen all summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back