PEAX Equipment

Hogs near Ft. Bragg,CA?

MTBirdhunter

I have been invited to hunt hogs near Ft. Bragg, just wondering what to expect, any info appreciated, sounds like the ranch is inland a bit, we would be hunting between 2000-3000. Are there lots of people in the area?

MTBirdhunter I was all ready to go ask if you meant Ft Bragg NC (military installation) and then did the 21st century thing and Googled it......who knew there was a California town with the same name. Chamber of Commerce sure has some scenic views with which to work. Hope you have a great trip.

I have been invited to hunt hogs near Ft. Bragg, just wondering what to expect, any info appreciated, sounds like the ranch is inland a bit, we would be hunting between 2000-3000. Are there lots of people in the area?

Not many people up that way and some breathtaking country. Not really sure where you are hunting as it's tough to get to 2-3k ft on the west side of 101, and Ft. Bragg is all the way on the coast. Lot's of good forest hogs up there though in general. I might have some better info if you have more specifics.

You're out of the condor zone so you won't have non-lead requirement (until 2019)

I have a ranch I hunt in Piercy which is east of Ft Bragg on 101. The hogs have tons of cover and large ranges. The area is a mix of redwoods and oaks. We have had good luck by finding acorns and other food sources.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back