Caribou Gear

HMA Draw Successful

WyoDoug

Well I don't mind telling people where I am hunting antelope this year. I drew my HMA permission slip for antelope on Nimmo Ranch where I have been successful in tagging out in the past. I got two weeks to hunt antelope September 25 - October 4, 2020. Anyone else hunting that area gonna hafta be sociable and say hi iffn you run into me LOL. I also hunt rabbits there. Good place for bunny hunting after first hard frost. My chocolate cocker spaniel would have a blast chasing them. PS: Spell check on phone sucks. Going to have to stick to PC to post.

Last edited:
Kinda weird. They had the permission slip up for Nimmo Ranch last night but not the other HMA I put in for my cow tag. I even printed the one for Nimmo. This morning none of the draw results are up. LOL They reset it to show at 10:00 official results time LOL

Looks like they're back up and available. Does anyone know why some of the areas have been closed for the season? I'm guessing budget restrictions, but thought some of you 'insiders' might have better information.

As wytex says, the landowners opt out from year to year. Some HMAs change shape just for this reason or go away completely. And it appears I didn't draw the HMA I applied for for my leftover cow elk so going to plan B on that or talking to landowners directly. One reason for this is some hunters if you can call them that, unfortunately for us, do not follow the rules or respect the landowners property or leave a bunch of trash around.

I figured those reasons would apply. The email I got cited "policy changes from the University of Wyoming". Didn't know if there was a larger underlying reason.

I figured those reasons would apply. The email I got cited "policy changes from the University of Wyoming". Didn't know if there was a larger underlying reason.
Humm, UW is sate owned lands so wondering which area you are talking about ?

Perhaps but their other land is still open.
Maybe someone near there is a Trustees' friend with influence, time to elect those folks, imo.

I learned that the closing was due to COVID-19. The University of Wyoming has been restricted to use only by students, faculty, staff, etc. Since the University owns the land for this HMA, they stopped access.

Back