Hip replacement questions?

An x-ray is a good diagnostic tool for advanced hip arthritis. MRI would be used more to diagnose labral pathology/avascular necrosis.

Cartilage shows up on Xray as just a dark gap- when it’s gone, that’s where and why it hurts.

View attachment 418400
Sounds like you know more than I , so I defer to you.
I’m frustrated in general with our current system.
 
Insurance and the medical system (working together) can be real frustrating at times and it’s not getting better. But I think they out those replacements off for as long as they can because they're not permanent either ?
I’m sure you’re right , I’m an old curmudgeon that thinks the system is rigged against him. 😂
 
@Charlie Bob yeah I have no illusions insurance is there to do the best for me.

No MRI because it’s irrelevant. The status of the labrum doesn’t matter because the joint is toast and needs replaced. @Treeshark is right. Every surgery comes with risk, and the replacement joint has a finite lifespan as well.

PA said if I can run without pain and hike without pain let’s keep the status quo. We will see how anti inflammatory meds help with the other stuff.

@Treeshark I’m not sure my x-ray was as good as Figure 2 looks. Less cartilage and more bone spurs.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,107
Messages
2,249,936
Members
39,093
Latest member
other_waters
Back
Top