Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hinge release anchor

pojoaque40

Hi all-

Yesterday my new hinge release arrived. I've been playing with it and i'm liking it so far. I knew going into it that my anchor would change and i've been told that my draw length shouldn't change, but i found that my anchor actually stayed almost the same (first knuckle behind the jaw) and it feels like my draw length is now too long. Also, the tip of my nose is now nowhere near the string and i can't get my head into a position to get it there.

I expected to make some changes but my experience isn't lining up with what i'm reading online, especially the loss of the nose anchor. Any ideas or similar experiences?

What release were you shooting previously?

Could be simply the difference in length from your old to new release that’s throwing you off.

My old release is a Scott samurai that was set pretty short. I could easily get my second knuckle over the trigger. I'm not opposed the changing my draw length, it's just not what i'm hearing others say they've had to do. It's the lack of the nose anchor that's bothering me. I haven't heard anyone else say they lost that.

Second knuckle on the index finger release is likely going to be tighter than the hinge allowing a smidge more draw. A flat relaxed hand with the hinge can make you feel like the draw length is too long. “Others” may not have set their index finger release as short as you do and might be the reason why they don’t have similar issues.

Have somebody take a picture of where the arrow sits on your face (closer to mouth or chin or right in the middle) at full draw with both releases. You could be anchoring higher with one or the other, which changes your string angle relative to your face.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back