Hind quarter goat hide

Is the local bow or gun shop an option to display the full body mount?

If there is any way to swing a full body mount with either finances or space you will not regret it. Shoulder mounts of goats really don’t represent them well in my opinion.
It's a tough call. I've seen some terrible shoulder mounts.....almost as if the hunter cut the hide in front of the shoulder. Rugs don't really interest me, especially if I have to take a September billy. Half body mounts look wonky in my opinion. Space is a constraint for a full body, but I also hear buffybr's 42 year regret. I need to think more about this. If I do go shoulder I like the idea of tanning the rear quarter hide to have either as a throw over the couch below the mount or possibly as pillows.

I did a half mount on mine...I like it, not great but I like it better than the shoulder mounts I looked at....I got the back half tanned and always wanted to make some pagen pants like in the movie drag net with tom hanks

Have a goat tag in Montana for this autumn. Barely have room for another pedestal mount in a 4 bedroom home with two car garage that has one car in it. How large are homes that have room for full size mounts?
My home originally was just under 2000 sq ft, 4 bedroom with two car garage that I can't get any cars in it.

About 30 years ago I added a two story 2000 sq ft addition with the top story a 1000sq ft 30' x 35' trophy room. (There are pics of it in "48 Years of Memories " over in the "Trophy Rooms" Forum.)

I have a full mount Leopard and Musk ox (along with 70 some other mounts) in my Trophy Room, and in my 12' x 24' living room I have two more full mounts, one a Himalayan Tahr and an Aoudad, along with 7 other mounts.

Now I have to find a place for a full mount of my Mountain Lion. 🥴

[QUOTE

Now I have to find a place for a full mount of my Mountain Lion. 🥴

A very good problem to have.

I had the back half of my Idaho goat tanned. It covers a bench in my room.

I sit my ass on it once or twice a day when putting on or taking off footwear.

Goat power flows from my butt to all parts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back