Hey Utah people...

wyomingtim

Got some questions for ya. What is the hunting like around Price and Cedar City? Good, bad, ugly? What all is huntable within a few hours? Just curious.

Huntable within a few hours:
Deer and elk with general tags. Limited entry deer elk and pronghorn. Once in a lifetime for sheep, mtn goat, bison and moose. Dove hunting near Cedar is very good. Both have the basic array of desert game; coyotes, rabbits, chukar, etc.

FYI, Price is much smaller than Cedar City. It is also one of the hotspots in the state for oil and gas drilling.

My brother lives in Cedar City....He has trouble getting a good tag but can get doe/cow pretty easy the dove/quail hunting sucks [compared to AZ] they also have a spike bull hunt... the fishing is great as are ducks.....sage high desert to the west of Cedar high mountains forest/ski resort [brian head] to the northeast... Bonus [ very few illegals] :D

Ummmm, well, errr, attempting to relocate. I actually will be heading to Cedar next Wednesday for an interview, and hopefully will get an interview in Price as well. We shall see. I just need some input re: the hunting - gotta keep the priorities in order :D

Thanks for that info. I wouldn't have thought duck hunting was any good down that way. Mainly I was wondering what the big game opportunities looked like. I have been looking at the UT Div of Wildlife pages, but it is hard to figure it out when jumping from page to page to see different sections/maps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back