Hey T-bone....

NEW gear

Moosie and T-Bone, I was at the Reno SCI Show a couple weeks ago and got a badlands 4500 with top pack and daypack for $225. They were blowing them out of there. they were selling that big daypack for $89. It was awesome. The badlands guys must have had 500 packs on hand and man they were selling them. I waited in a line 10 deep to get it and they weren't runing out. I also got a Jetboil stove so i am ready to go to the crags.

The other pack companies were there too, Nimrod, etc. They were selling with no discount, and not selling much.

I'm really not too high on SCI but I went with some guys I have guided before to help them find a mule deer hunt. It was like playing with company funds. We found a great hunt for them, they both ordered custom rifles, I shook hands with George Bush senior and got my pictures made with a couple Racks calendar Girls. It was a great weekend all a round.

Moosie check your eamil, I sent the pics.

Sounds like you have good friends! I went to the SCI convention while in Reno. It was fun to look at the products and was real handy for trying out optics. It was fun to go to the different booths and look and listen of hunts all over the world.

It made for some excellent people watching.

I wish we could fast forward a few months so I can start planning the fall. Everything revolves around the draws. I hope I don't draw for more than one trophy tag, that could be a real dilema.

I didn't tag an elk, but I didn't put much effort into it. I hunted opening day, and was amazed at all the atv's in all the bright pretty colors. I got into elk, but couldn't get a clear shot at anything without antlers.

It was a different kind of elk hunting experience than I've ever had. Too many stinking roads here. I hunted 1/2 a day at the end of the season and found some bachelor groups, and finally found a group of cows right at dusk. Found out while making the stalk that they were on private land.

The freezer was already full with a few whitetail, and I was distracted with the pheasant hunting, so those are my excuses.

So...... Do you fall under the Resident Catigory paying out of State price ? (Just wondering which odd's pool you're in) :D :D

t-bone elk

t-bone had a S.D. tag= only residents to south dakota can apply for these tags. so only a few get the chance.
t-bone you putting in this year? if so p.m. me i can put you on elk in an area without all that crap! hunt like we know it! if interested let me know, and i will let you know the area.

Speedgoat, I was talking about "REAL HUNTING" ..... "sheep" :D not S.D. cow elk ;)

In Idaho, if a Resident buys a Lifetime licence he/she can leave the State and still be considered a Resident but pay non-res prices. I think T-bone falls under this for Sheep as well..... But I'm not sure, that was my question.

(Click on my Link in my Signature about Sheep, I owe T-bone one now. I'm fat and Lazy this year. So if his odds are as a resident, I might have to decide on changing my shape. I've been to that country and talking the talk isn't enough.........)

Moosie,

Your right about resident status of a lifetime license owner so get in shape fatty.

BTW are you going to help pack out my California Bighorn when I draw a tag for it this year?

I hear Stewart and Kotter are doing the same..... hell with 1:4 odds and 3 of ya putting in It's a 75% chance I'm hiking the Hills this year !!!!!! :D

I've been putting in for desert bighorn here for years - California just started a points program a couple years ago, but I'm in it! Ditto for antelope and elk. The elk hunt I want, though, doesn't count points as there is only 1 bull tag a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back