Yeti GOBOX Collection

HEy Q-wagoner

Moosie

Grand poopa
Jsut saw you berowsing this section a couple of times... Haven't seen you posting yet so Just wanted to give you a Big Moosies Welcome to our site !!! Hop in and tell us HI !!!

Thank you moosies, I too am heading to Alaska. I depart Sept. 13th for a 2 week hunt. It will be my first trip up there so I am very excited. And no I haven’t packed yet. LOL Why do now when you can put off till later? LOL Ya right!!

Good hunting.

Q,

Well don't leave me hanging
smile.gif
Tell me about it ? Is it guided ? For What critters ? What part ? Etc, Etc. !!!

Welcome aboard again. PS, How'd ya find our little home here ?!!?

Q -

Lets have the details! What and about where are you hunting? Be sure and grab a wolf tag because if you are hunting either moose or caribou they will be around! Bring a hand call or two along plus use your own voice.

Anyway tell us a bit about your plans!

Me and two other fellas are doing an unguided float trip for Moose, wolf, black bear and caribou near Aniak. Well it is kind of unguided I guess. There will be three of us green horns in one boat and two in another. (The guide being in the other.) We will camp together the first night and then we will meet up again as soon as we get a moose down because we will not have enough room in our boat for three moose. The guide is hunting brown bear and his client is hunting moose only so they will have a little extra room. After that we will not meet up until the end of the trip.

John/Alaska, I am defiantly looking forward to hunting wolves. I had a good phone conversation with coyoteslayer about wolves and wolf hunting a while back and he is going to get another phone call or two before I head out. If I had my choice between a 60-inch moose and a nice pale wolf it would be a tough decision for me to make. LOL I live for predator hunting.

Good hunting.

Q,

Q -

Sounds like it should be a great hunt. Hope the weather holds for you. Be sure and ost the after hunt details for all.

Yeah I know it could be a tough decision on which to take, the wolf or the moose. Talk about a double on a stand! What a dream. If it was up to me I'd take the wolf first (and I don't really care if he is the closest or farthest from me)and hope I could dump the moose with my second shot! Of course with my luck I'd miss the wolf and hit the moose who would then proceed to the middle of the lake. LOL Just remember the wolf is a lot less work after he's down!

Coyote Slayer will tell you straight on wolfing alright. He is probably off chasing moose and bou now so that he can concentrate on the fur animals later.

Are you going to try and call in a bear too? Or just spot & call/stalk?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-29-2003 16:43: Message edited by: John/Alaska ]</font>

Q, Cool on the hunt man !! Keep us posted and Fill us in on the Details when you get back, Looking foward to hearing all about it !!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back