Hey Mon, Jamaica Whitetail hunting is all year long

LopeHunter

Some whitetail deer were kept in pens over in Jamaica then escaped in 1980s. The deer quickly adapted to low altitudinal edge habitat interspersed with small agricultural fields growing cash crops like pumpkin, carrot, yam, and corn. Maybe weed. Now 1000s of the deer exist and are a nuisance. The first whitetail season is underway with no daily limits though some land access restrictions exist.

Anyone have some good jerk deer meat recipes?

Like Bob (Marley, not our Bob from WY) observed: ...in the arms of America, trodding through Jamaica, a Buffalo Soldier...

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ies-reproducing-alarming-rate-eastern-jamaica

I read about that this morning. Talk about killing two birds with one stone take the wife to Jamaica and you get to hunt whitetails. Sounds good to me!

I have been to Jamaica. It is a great place but I wouldn't want to stroll to far away from the resorts, it has some dangerous areas for sure.

Wonder what type of bucks they have? Are they large with big racks or are they similar to whitetails in Florida.

I only briefly looked at the article but stopped when it said whitetails normally inhabit snow capped mountains ... LOL ... I hate journalist and reporters.

LOL i must of read a different article than you. I did not see that part in my article...idiots!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back