MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hey from Arizona

WalkingBird

Hey All,
I just recently started doing the forum thing and found you guys after listening to Randy's podcasts for the past few month (for a "millennial" I am pretty slow to get onto the technological bandwagon). Like it says in the title, I am in Arizona, but only within the last few months as I'm a transplant from Northern New York (Basically southern Canada, Maple Syrup and all). I grew up hunting and fishing along the eastern shore of Lake Ontario for ducks, geese, deer and turkeys, with a healthy obsession with chasing spring walleye and summer bass before the Sept goose season. All that is gone now for the most part as I'm trying to decipher all these draws and regs for Arizona and some other western states (I lived in ID for a year and need to go back...the Chukar are calling me out!). I've got mule deer on the brain with Elk on the backburner for now, or at least until I can get a tag in my pocket

Thanks for reading y'all and I'm looking forward to talking with y'all!

-The Bird

Welcome! I transplanted from WA a couple years ago and am very happy with the decision. The draw system is frustrating. Shoot, I can't even get drawn for Javelina!!! Plus side is the super long OTC archery deer season.

The western regs take a bit to get a handle on but the rewards are pretty great once you do. Best of luck!!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm thinking I'm going to hold off on big game until January, and I'll try to get on an OTC muley. I think I have my unit figured out, I just need to learn the country at this point

Welcome! Lived and hunted/fished Az better of 20 years bow and rifle for deer and elk. PM me if you have questions moving forward into the future. Best of luck....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back