Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Heritage Arms 22 LR / 22 Mag

wolfpup

Anybody else tinker with this pistol. Just picked one up new for $140. This morning sent in for the 22 mag cylinder. Seems like a small price to play for a little pistol to play around with? Why have I never hear of them?

I had one, it was my beater gun. They are NOT well made, it quit working so I took it to my brother who is in gunsmithing school to see if he could fix it for me. He said that they are made of mild steel, I have since carried my Taurus when I need a plinker.

I’ve played with one a very little bit. Hard for me to get past the manual safety on a single action revolver. I think I’d rather look at a different option like the Ruger Wrangler for the price. But if I was to buy a single action .22, I’d just get a Single-Six.

I’ve had one for several years. It’s fun for range time and plinking, and it works fine for the price point. Mine had a problem with the timing gear, so I sent it back to Heritage and their customer service was absolutely outstanding. I had my repaired pistol back in a couple of weeks.

I got one as a groomsman gift a few years back. I use it as a trap line gun

I love mine. I’ve had mine since 2008. My sights are dead on and never had a issue with timing.

Yeah I mean you can't expect too much for $140 for a pistol... I get that but for something to toss in whatever and not be concerned about scratching etc. As a finisher for traps, snakes, grouse that could just as easy get a shovel or rock. Seems too fun not to. If somehow I get an interest in shooting accurately I will upgrade but to shoot at cans and grasshoppers and what not.... can't wait! I'll let you know if I have any bad experiences.

I have had good luck with mine. I only use the 22mag cylinder, primarily for bobcats and raccoons. I bought it to use and abuse hound hunting.

I’ve heard good and bad about them. Take it for what it is, a $140 revolver. IF yours is reliable, and IF it shoots halfway decent, then it will make a great plinker/fishing/truck/knock around gun

I got to shoot a little this weekend! What a fun little gun. The safety on a revolver is hard to get used to. Such a fun little gun! I swapped the cylinder and shot 6 .22 mag just because I could. The .22 mag was super loud and made my ears ring for hours. Won't shoot that again without ear protection. Next time I want to actually put it on paper just to see. I hit the jug 5 of 6 times about 15 yards out which is good enough for me!

I have one and have never had any issues at all with it. It meets or exceeds my expectations for a $119 gun. If I could only buy/own one pistol, this is not the one I'd choose. But since that is not my situation, I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back