Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Heritage Arms 22 LR / 22 Mag

wolfpup

Anybody else tinker with this pistol. Just picked one up new for $140. This morning sent in for the 22 mag cylinder. Seems like a small price to play for a little pistol to play around with? Why have I never hear of them?

I had one, it was my beater gun. They are NOT well made, it quit working so I took it to my brother who is in gunsmithing school to see if he could fix it for me. He said that they are made of mild steel, I have since carried my Taurus when I need a plinker.

I’ve played with one a very little bit. Hard for me to get past the manual safety on a single action revolver. I think I’d rather look at a different option like the Ruger Wrangler for the price. But if I was to buy a single action .22, I’d just get a Single-Six.

I’ve had one for several years. It’s fun for range time and plinking, and it works fine for the price point. Mine had a problem with the timing gear, so I sent it back to Heritage and their customer service was absolutely outstanding. I had my repaired pistol back in a couple of weeks.

I got one as a groomsman gift a few years back. I use it as a trap line gun

I love mine. I’ve had mine since 2008. My sights are dead on and never had a issue with timing.

Yeah I mean you can't expect too much for $140 for a pistol... I get that but for something to toss in whatever and not be concerned about scratching etc. As a finisher for traps, snakes, grouse that could just as easy get a shovel or rock. Seems too fun not to. If somehow I get an interest in shooting accurately I will upgrade but to shoot at cans and grasshoppers and what not.... can't wait! I'll let you know if I have any bad experiences.

I have had good luck with mine. I only use the 22mag cylinder, primarily for bobcats and raccoons. I bought it to use and abuse hound hunting.

I’ve heard good and bad about them. Take it for what it is, a $140 revolver. IF yours is reliable, and IF it shoots halfway decent, then it will make a great plinker/fishing/truck/knock around gun

I got to shoot a little this weekend! What a fun little gun. The safety on a revolver is hard to get used to. Such a fun little gun! I swapped the cylinder and shot 6 .22 mag just because I could. The .22 mag was super loud and made my ears ring for hours. Won't shoot that again without ear protection. Next time I want to actually put it on paper just to see. I hit the jug 5 of 6 times about 15 yards out which is good enough for me!

I have one and have never had any issues at all with it. It meets or exceeds my expectations for a $119 gun. If I could only buy/own one pistol, this is not the one I'd choose. But since that is not my situation, I'm perfectly satisfied with it.

Back