Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Here piggy piggy piggy.

Great shooting! That’s some tasty stuff hanging there.

It’s 100 degrees here in Texas. It’s just so hot there’s really no way to safely process. 2 hours after I nailed mine this morning the vultures had already recycled much of it.

Side note: 300 BO with Barnes Black Tip is merciless at 100 yards.

Great shooting! That’s some tasty stuff hanging there.

It’s 100 degrees here in Texas. It’s just so hot there’s really no way to safely process. 2 hours after I nailed mine this morning the vultures had already recycled much of it.

Side note: 300 BO with Barnes Black Tip is merciless at 100 yards.
I got these a few hundred yards from the house. Got them with a little SU 16 kel TEC and 55gr. GMX handloads. All in the ear around 40-60 yds. 6 rounds 4 piggies. They were in the box in a couple hours.

I do miss CA hog hunting. I plan on building a cooler like that in the shop.
Knowing what I know now if I was to get another or upgrade this one I would get 4-6" foam. The really dense foam they use for flotation. Glue marinei grade plywood to both sides. Stagger the ply to foam seams to make it a one piece seamless box. Either convert a room window AC unit or buy a self contained Copeland unit and stick it on the roof. My hanging rails and shelf supports are unistrut. I used 1" galvanized pipe with a bunch of seatbelt anchors for the sliding hangers then bent up some 3/8 stainless for the hooks.
The shelves and racks are freestanding inside so there's no stress on the box

Knowing what I know now if I was to get another or upgrade this one I would get 4-6" foam. The really dense foam they use for flotation. Glue marinei grade plywood to both sides. Stagger the ply to foam seams to make it a one piece seamless box. Either convert a room window AC unit or buy a self contained Copeland unit and stick it on the roof. My hanging rails and shelf supports are unistrut. I used 1" galvanized pipe with a bunch of seatbelt anchors for the sliding hangers then bent up some 3/8 stainless for the hooks.
The shelves and racks are freestanding inside so there's no stress on the box
I have saved 2" foam to layer up from neighbors shop job.
A rancher friend scored a old milk van and was trying to get a fridge guy to fix the old unit. I told him to get a window AC and stick it on the roof,2 years ago. He is butchering 2 beef a week now.

I seem to recall most of the farms/lodges in South Africa build their coolers with concrete block. Works better in hot climate? Or may have more to do with scarcity of wood for construction. I'll ask around when I'm there next month.

This is the slaughter house at the farm where I shot my buffalo. Quite the operation! Big enough to process rhinos (a couple of hides were on the salting racks). Note the white ceramic tile on the walls. Multiple floor drains and hookups for high pressure water hoses. The cooler was in another room to the right. Salting shed is through a door on the left.IMG_1745.JPG20210822_133139.jpg
Entrance wound on bull is at bottom of the vertical dark stripe just behind shoulder. I'm pretty sure the critter hanging on the left is warthog. Alec had some real nice boars on that property we saw as leaving. Even my PH was drooling. Would loved to pop one but we had a five hour drive ahead of us.

Last edited:
I seem to recall most of the farms/lodges in South Africa build their coolers with concrete block. Works better in hot climate? Or may have more to do with scarcity of wood for construction. I'll ask around when I'm there next month.

This is the slaughter house at the farm where I shot my buffalo. Quite the operation! Big enough to process rhinos (a couple of hides were on the salting racks). Note the white ceramic tile on the walls. Multiple floor drains and hookups for high pressure water hoses. The cooler was in another room to the right. Salting shed is through a door on the left.View attachment 230990View attachment 230991
Entrance wound on bull is at bottom of the vertical dark stripe just behind shoulder. I'm pretty sure the critter hanging on the left is warthog. Alec had some real nice boars on that property we saw as leaving. Even my PH was drooling. Would loved to pop one but we had a five hour drive ahead of us.
Was that where he was napping when you shot him? ;)

Was that where he was napping when you shot him? ;)
Certainly looks like he's taking a nap. Actually, the bull was put up on the deck with a front end loader and I guess he just happened to land in that position. The photo op posing was done in the field.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back