Here is some small elk

Delw

That I called with a varmit call last friday.....

elk1.jpg

elk2.jpg

elk3.jpg

Working on the vid file now
Delw

Blood thirsty, predatory elk ! ( I knew it all along )
So is your calling method a secret ? Do you just use it like a predator call or try to mimic a cow elk ?
Nice pics, you guys are really getting my blood boiling, I think I'm going to take the wife & kid to the zoo this weekend. ( honey, why do you say "bang bang" every time we pass the elk cage ? )

Just use it like a regular varmit call.. every once in a while you have to chirp it.(its a must you use a squeeler though, the other ones dont work as well) Hey they run in at full bore also.. Muleys will come to them but mainly they are small bucks that run with does....

Delw

That's OK Bill, He'll have his daughter push him around in a wheelchair..

There used to be a company in Arizona that made a fawn bleat call that sounded alot like a wounded rabbit call. I wonder if that's what these critters are hearing when you toot your whistle Del?

:cool:

Yes about lots of them.... That size bulls were always around the cows, pretty much every cow herd had a few of those and smaller ones.....
Sometimes I think I should have shot one, but then again when you shoot a small one you always see a biggerone, and after a weeks worth of hunting and seeing bulls everyday I knew I would get a bull so I waited......

Delw

Delw,

Just curious what unit were playing in??????

I have a 7W bull tag which is dying to be filled this year.

It goes with the turkey and Dec whitetail tag :D :D :D

I hunt unit 9 mainly ... a buddy of mine hunts unit 7 he hunts the big mountain on the north part. people dont like to walk hills here so he stays away from people and hunts up there....

Another spot is the highway that separates the unit and unit 7 about 5 -10 miles after the viewing station on that highway is alot of juniper and sage they hang out there all year long. if you need specific instructions get a map and shoot me an email with your number...
Delw

Delw,

I know exactly where you are talking about!

I really would like to hunt away from the crowds and have some pretty good spots located.

Again as always thanks for the help.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back