help with Mt elk B ?

handwerk

can someone please enlighten me on Montana elk B tag 005-00, is this good for all public lands units in region 5?

thanks

The 005 licenses are not valid on National Forest. You need to look at the regs to see what the license is valid for in each individual unit.

Below is the description specifically for Hunting District 500. It's a little different for HD 511, so as MTLabrador points out, it's important to look at the regs specifically for the HD you are hunting. Don't make assumptions or generalities. Read the regulations carefully.

License/Permit Type: 005-002500 Licenses.
Aug 15 – Sep 03Antlerless Elk. Special season. Only valid on private land.
Sep 04 – Oct 17Antlerless Elk. Archery Only Season.
Oct 23 – Feb 15Antlerless Elk. Special season.

thanks for the input guys, just not sure what" special season" means?
I'll call FWP Monday, just trying to decide what surplus B tag I want to get.
So you are saying the 005-00 is good for all region 5 units, but each individual unit will have specific regs when hunting in that unit with regards to holding the "B" tag?

So you are saying the 005-00 is good for all region 5 units, but each individual unit will have specific regs when hunting in that unit with regards to holding the "B" tag?
No, I am not certain if it's good for all region 5 hunting districts, but it does appear to be somewhat different and specific depending on the Region 5 Hunting District.

(BTW, it's more clear to refer to a hunting district rather than a "unit". Again, it is important and helpful to read the regs.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back