Help with Info- NV or AZ

SoUtah

New to the site but love the TV Show so i figured i would check and see if they have a site. The site is great!

Anyways now to the question. I live in Southwestern Utah and would like to start hunting Antelope. So I figured I would start planning ahead for 2012. I'm looking for suggestions on where to try and get a tag. I want to hunt Archery and NV and AZ are close by.

Any suggestions or help would be awesome.
Thanks!

Welcome. Apply in as many states as financially possible. NV and AZ may take awhile to draw a tag. WY, NM and CO are better bets. They are a little further to drive from SU but can be just as fun. I like WY myself but haven't drawn a tag in NV or AZ. Maybe, someday, please?...just putting it out there.

Get points in WY now. You can still buy points for next year in WY. One point get you some good units.

Ibirch,
Do you ever go up to WY? maybe we can plan a hunt together or something. Looks like we live close to each other.

Thanks for the replys

Ibirch,
Do you ever go up to WY? maybe we can plan a hunt together or something. Looks like we live close to each other.

Thanks for the replys

Actually starting in 2012 Utah residents cannot apply for antelope or deer tags until the leftover list is released.

Sorry Utah.

There are a few UT residents I wouldn't mind giving the boot to. They give us all a bad name that's for sure. Sounds like there are some in AZ too (see "AZ-Pronghorn - A lifetime dream" in the Live Hunts forum). Maybe 1 in WY too, JK. I have a good friend that lives in Pinedale. Wyoming is a great state. Now if they can only get the wolf issue solved.

BigFin is right, don't hesitate and buy a preference point today. My friends and I try to go to WY each year. Maybe next year...its a 14 hour drive to one area we go to and half that to the other area (3 preference points to draw). Splitting diesel costs would be nice.

I hate to admit this though, I haven't pulled a bow string in 20 years. I don't see it happening again soon. I prefer to hunt with my muzzle loader. Although, I've only used a rifle in WY. because they don't seem to give smoke pole hunters much to get excited about.

My 2009 antelope.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member