help - poor grouping???

I'll admit, I am a rookie with the hand loading. All of my loading was per the spec. I looked at the recommended max load of 81 grains, backed off 5 grains and loaded five loads in 1 gr increments for testing. I am confident in the loads as I had a friend experienced in loading walk me through the process. Also seeing that I had some factory loads to shoot prior to testing my custom loads with similar results tells me at least with the bullets that I was shooting it's not necessarily a load issue but again I am very new to this level of detail with guns. I have never had a rifle shoot this poor though either. And my last rifle was a tack driver but got stolen so I have high expectations now.

I'll play with seating the bullet at different depths and load into rifle then look for markings on the bullet. I saw on some reloading forum to do this test so we can give it a whirl.

I'll check the screws. On the rifle. Anyone recommend a youtube video for this? Is a torque wrench/screw driver required?

You guys are great!

Sometimes it can take 20-40 rounds through a tube with a proper cleaning process before things start settling down with the groups.

Also with the bergers, we normally start of with seating them to maximum mag length, meaning you seat the bullet out as far as you can but still allowing cycling through the magazine, and go from there with different powder loads to fine tune it.

Not sure if you have mates with that calibre, but if you do maybe you can borrow 5 rounds from their different loadings and take them to the range firing off groups seeing if any will land nicely together. So many options and a lot of variables with trying to get a rifle to shoot well.

Good luck with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back