Help picking a spotting scope!!!!

I picked up the lower end Leupold straight 60pwr. Heh, this last trip (first spot scope purchase) I was viewing a hill side off in the distance and spotted some game... was thinking "why the hell did I buy this, I can't even identify the antlers well enough to count!!

I pulled away and then happily realized I spotted elk on a hillside so darn far away -from it was a hillside in canada! Haha! I had my eye glued to the scope - I just kept wandering...

Needless to say.... I was darn impressed! The 60pwr is light as heck and fits perfect into my outer pouch of the badlands 2800 pack with the other pouch holding the tripod.

Schmalts was 100% top notch in assisting my questions and of the options I was looking at, made a confident purchase. Think it is called vendana or something. Great bang for the $.

Last edited:
My brother has the NIKON prostaff in the 20-60x80mm. It is good glass for the price. However anything above 45-50power and the image gets pretty bad. If you want some good low end glass I would look at the Vortex Viper HDs. Check out elknuts website. He has a really good price for them. This will be your best bet IMHO for a quality piece of glass that wont break the bank.

Minox spotters are VERY good quality, think it's the SD62? I bought one for work from Camera Land for $500. It was a floor demo scope.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back