HELP! Hunting boots in 4E width?

Hummer

Desperately seeking a sturdy elk hunting boot in 10.5-11 4E, 5E or 6E width. Prefer a mid height mountaineering style with vibram soles and some insulation but mostly just want something wide enough. I'm currently wearing a New Balance 1569 hiker in 11 6E (chinese sizing) which fit but need something much tougher for climbing elk country with a backpack. Also have older Cabela's speed hunter in 4E, but that's no longer available.

Those of you with XXX wide feet know the frustration of looking for quality shoes and boots that fit. I would pay a (cough) kenetrek price for the right boot but most manufacturers aim for the middle 50-80% of the market. Even Cabela's stopped selling hiking/hunting boots in 4E+, and of course they don't offer a search by width. 2E width won't work.

Specific solutions appreciated. :(

Not specific, but get in touch with Lathrop & Sons they may be able to help you out. They have a website and carry many brands of boots. If you give them a call they could probably point you in the right direction.

Maybe have someone custom build you a pair.

Give Carter shoe repair in Bozeman, he made be able to suggest something? You can get his number off Kenetrek dealer site. Just a thought.

I have 4E feet, and I hear you.
Look at New balance, the athletic shoe company. They make some hiking boots in 4E.
I have a pair of New Balance 1500GT, 11 EEEE that work well.
Another company to look at "Montrail" there "wide" boots fit my 4e feet.
The New Balance cost between $120 and $150, and my Montrail Torre GTX 4Es cost about $150 ten years ago, so probably just under $200 today

I've been wearing Irish setter wingshooters for years and absolutely love them! I'm a 4e as well and if you think boots are hard try fitting into skates!

Hummer,

I'm in the same boat, can't seem to find anything to fit my hobbit feet. Bought a pair of Salomon Quest 4D before my first trip out and have been regretting it ever since.

Did you end up settling on anything?

Might see if you can get your hands on a pair of the Danner Combat Hikers. They're not great, but pretty good if the XW is wide enough for you.

Hummer,

I'm in the same boat, can't seem to find anything to fit my hobbit feet. Bought a pair of Salomon Quest 4D before my first trip out and have been regretting it ever since.

Did you end up settling on anything?

I ordered some Cabela's Danner Pronghorn 800 gram in 114E. When I was away they sent me a 2E, so I reordered the 4E and they sent 2E again. I guess Danner doesn't really make them in 4E and the Cabela's web listing was wrong.

When I tried them on they worked OK if somewhat long for my 10.5 4E feet.They are decent boots with insulation to keep the feet warm and not so clunky as the old Sorel pac boots. I covered a lot of miles last fall and took two elk on day 7.

One other shoe that works is the New Balance 1569, an uninsulated light hiker with Goretex. This model runs a half size smalI in size; I'm using it in 11 6E, and it fits fine. Still, I would like a tougher mountaineering elk hunting boot. I miss the days when I could fit into a good Italian made Asolo mountaineering boot with a bit of mechanical stretching at the ball of the foot.

And, forget about $1200 custom made boots.

I'm taking two pair of NB 1569 in 14 6E & 13 6E to my cousin in Costa Rica. He has the same problem finding shoes that fit.

I've wondered about how they outfit elite combat Delta/Seal fighters. Those guys aren't small and I can't imagine they'd be outfitted in anything that isn't optimal or doesn't fit.

Would somebody please make quality elk hunting boots for big wide American size feet!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back