Hello from TX/thanks to Randy

HuntTalk Freak

Howdy,

Just another new guy here from Texas. Been hunting, managing, guiding whitetails and hogs for a while. It's been a long time dream to hunt elk and mule deer but I always thought it was super expensive or impossible for a non resident until I stumbled across Fresh Tracks on Amazon a few months ago.

Now I'm researching units in CO for a 2019 hunt and possibly 2018, and planning on building up some points in a few states. I've never hunted public land before but am moving about a hour away from a National Forrest next month and will be hunting it some this season to get a little experience and test my gear.

I've been lurking here for a month or two and have learned a lot already. I never would have known the possibilities had it not been for Randys show.

Howdy,

Just another new guy here from Texas. Been hunting, managing, guiding whitetails and hogs for a while. It's been a long time dream to hunt elk and mule deer but I always thought it was super expensive or impossible for a non resident until I stumbled across Fresh Tracks on Amazon a few months ago.

Now I'm researching units in CO for a 2019 hunt and possibly 2018, and planning on building up some points in a few states. I've never hunted public land before but am moving about a hour away from a National Forrest next month and will be hunting it some this season to get a little experience and test my gear.

I've been lurking here for a month or two and have learned a lot already. I never would have known the possibilities had it not been for Randys show.

Welcome! I'm also a Texan (Temple area) and in a similar stage when it comes to backcountry hunting. I'll actually be heading down to Sam Houston National Forest in a couple of months for a weekend of camping and scouting with the family, hopefully finding good locations for some archery hunting this fall. Where are you from/moving to?

Howdy from the Austin area! I've only got one muley hunt (successful) under my belt, but let me know if I can help with anything.

Welcome! I'm also a Texan (Temple area) and in a similar stage when it comes to backcountry hunting. I'll actually be heading down to Sam Houston National Forest in a couple of months for a weekend of camping and scouting with the family, hopefully finding good locations for some archery hunting this fall. Where are you from/moving to?
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I'm from DFW moving to east TX. I'll be closest to Crockett but Houston isn't too much farther.

Back