PEAX Equipment

Hello from the UK

SJC

Hello to all,

As a general and brief introduction I am UK based and hunt where and what I can, time and money permitting. My chosen calibers are .22lr, 17HMR, .308 and .300WSM. Quarry tend to be Red, Fallow, Roe and Muntjac deer, Fox and most small game. I have also taken a few goats and had a couple of unsuccessful attempts at wild boar.

I am fortunate enough to know Devon Deer (forum member) and in knowing him this enabled me to visit Monatana in October and November of last year on my first, but not my last, Elk and Deer hunt. What an experience, and what a country!!

It is at this point I would like to say a massive, if some what belated, thank you to all those who made two Brits very, very welcome. I have been fortunate enough to visit quite a few place in this world of ours but based on my trip to Montana none come close to the kind of warm welcome I received in Montana, everyone appeared to go out of their way to help with information, equipment, food etc. I'll not mention names but to anyone that remembers helping an inexperienced Brit thank you! It was hugely appreciated.

Unfortunately I did not secure an Elk on this trip, may be next time, but I can now add Mule deer to the list of game hunted above.

I'll take up no more of your time with this intro/thank you.

Regards

SJC

Yes Welcome, glad to have you. You are in good company if you are friends with Devon Deer and I am always happy to hear of our brothers adventures abroad as well as happy to help how we can with yours here.

I have family and friends in Cardiff and Neath.

Any friend of Richard is a friend of mine! A swell guy that led me to my Roe buck. Welcome aboard!

Welcome SJC. I will be joining Devon Deer this summer for a Roe Buck hunt in July. Anytime you or Devon Deer decide to head to Idaho to get that Elk, send me a PM and I will help you out.

Last edited:
Put a name to a face, this is Stephen this morning, he came with me to hunt deer, we saw 37 red deer, but all on other farms where i can't go. Then we 'bumped' 2 roe deer which ran off, not off the to the best start!
But slowly stalking along a roe doe popped out, 70 yards away, it just couldn't make out what we were, but Stephen waited patiently for it to turn broadside, job done, it's in my chiller now, and we are going out again later.

No Roe Bucks seen this morning Sawtooth, but don't worry i know where there are 3 waiting for you!

Cheers

Richard

Welcome! It sounds like you have a bunch of awesome game to hunt in your home country. Can't wait to hear some of your adventures.

Hello again, and thank you for the warm welcome.

Yep, Devon Deer is a good man. Taught me a lot over the years, and continues to do so. Needless to say those who have in the passed, and will be joining him in the future on Roe Buck will not be disappointed.

Yep, I do feel pretty lucky with regards the game we have access to. Likewise I was very impressed with what the USA had to offer. Can't wait to visit again.

I will try to up load the odd photo once I figure out how ��

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 28
OOPS!

Apparently I have managed to upload a photo.

A little muntjact buck taken a few months back, 243 case on the shoulder as a comparison.

I took the shot whilst it was distracted by my freinds who happened to be using a hedge as a toilet near by. He had dropped the paper which had rolled of down the hill. Poor muntjac hadn't a clue what was going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back