Hello from northern Nevada!

p_ham

Hi, my name is Paul. I'm from a small town in NV. Thought I'd better introduce myself before asking a bunch of questions, I know people get all bristled up about that sometimes. I was lucky enough to draw a muzzleloader bull elk tag this year, haven't been on an elk hunt for 10yrs now due to a wide variety of circumstances. The shows associated with this forum are great, and Mr. Newberg seems like a stand up guy!

Welcome, I drew my first NV permit which happened to be my muzzleloader permit. I will be hunting a couple hundred miles east of you this fall.

Paul,
What are you going to shoot for a smoke pole. I am still learning a ton and trying new rifles but leaning toward a Whites 50 cal shooting 460 grain conicals with the peep and hood with cross hairs. Still waiting on parts to get the sights set up. I am going to try out a remmy 700 with some sort of sabot this weekend but don't plan on switching at this point.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Jbs, I am using a remington 700mls with a badger ridge 209 conversion. I haven't decided on a bullet yet, either 300gr or 405gr.

Lee, I drew area 16-17 bull elk muzzleloader. Spent 4th of July weekend out scouting, looks promising. Have a couple more trips scheduled before season starts. I suppose I'm pretty excited about it, nothing but hunting dreams since the end of may!

I had the same tag last year only the dates fell during the rut. You'll have a great time. PM with any questions if you'd like.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back