Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hello from New York

Ektoras

My name is Ektoras , i am new in hunting in US, im from greece and the public land hunting system here is amazing.Im used to hunt wild goats in the mountains with shotguns and wild hogs also , id love to hunt in the west with a bow or a rifle , mule deer , bear , anything but especially elk , it is such an amazing animal , i wanna apply anywhere but none of my friends or people that i know wanna hunt with me especially in the west , they either wanna do private with guides or just stay in the east and stay in a tree or a blind for hours which is fine , its just i really wanna do some diy backcountry hunting in the west ,i am willing to do it by myself if i cant find anyone , any advice?!?!?!

Welcome! There is so much information available on this forum you will make a plan in no time.

Welcome aboard. Solo is better than no-go. I believe there are decent over the counter elk tags in CO and UT for archery elk. It's tough to scout from afar. You'd learn alot just by getting out there.., might take a few years to be confident in your strategy. Lots of good info on this site and utube. Good luck.

Welcome aboard. Solo is better than no-go. I believe there are decent over the counter elk tags in CO and UT for archery elk. It's tough to scout from afar. You'd learn alot just by getting out there.., might take a few years to be confident in your strategy. Lots of good info on this site and utube. Good luck.
thanks

What part of NY are you in? I lived most of my life in Upstate NY but now live in Las Vegas.

Welcome aboard!

My name is Ektoras , i am new in hunting in US, im from greece and the public land hunting system here is amazing.Im used to hunt wild goats in the mountains with shotguns and wild hogs also , id love to hunt in the west with a bow or a rifle , mule deer , bear , anything but especially elk , it is such an amazing animal , i wanna apply anywhere but none of my friends or people that i know wanna hunt with me especially in the west , they either wanna do private with guides or just stay in the east and stay in a tree or a blind for hours which is fine , its just i really wanna do some diy backcountry hunting in the west ,i am willing to do it by myself if i cant find anyone , any advice?!?!?!
First thing you need to do is start accumulating points. Most areas out here are draw only, not all, but most. I suggest focusing on Wyoming. Lots of game and 1 or 2 points will get you a tag. Pick a state, get points, focus on a unit. Loads of info on the net once you choose a unit.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back