Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hello from Iowa

IABoilermaker

Hello, my name is Mike and I am from central Iowa. I am married to a very understanding wife when it comes to my outdoor activities and have a young daughter and son who are learning to love the outdoors. I am originally from Indiana and moved to Iowa 10 years ago. I have been hunting and fishing for the last 20+ years since I was old enough to tag along with my dad. All my experiences have been in the whitetail woods of Indiana and Iowa with the exception of one over the counter elk hunt in Idaho three years ago which was a fun learning experience that gave me the western bug. I am planning an elk hunt this fall in Colorado and am planning on making it a yearly event to go west hunting starting this year. I came across hunt talk after picking up on the podcast and have already learned a tremendous amount. I look forward to learning more from this great resource and am glad to help if anyone is ever interested in coming east for whitetails.

Welcome Mike, what unit are you going to be hunting in Colorado this year? I will be heading out in October.

Welcome Mike, what unit are you going to be hunting in Colorado this year? I will be heading out in October.

I am heading out to unit 31 for first rifle. Myself and two friends from Indiana are going, 1 buddy is hunting the other is going along for the ride and to help pack if we get lucky enough to need it, I have been prepping and training all year since the biggest lesson learned from Idaho was how hard the mountains were on us flat landers. good luck in October.

maxx

I am indeed, I am a manufacturing engineer for John Deere. I work out of the Des Moines area, and my current role has me travelling around the globe. That is actually one of the things that kicked me in the butt and got me going on the western adventures, after seeing and talking with colleagues around the world and realizing the opportunities we have in the states I decided this was the year to quit dreaming about it and start making it happen.

maxx

I am indeed, I am a manufacturing engineer for John Deere. I work out of the Des Moines area, and my current role has me travelling around the globe. That is actually one of the things that kicked me in the butt and got me going on the western adventures, after seeing and talking with colleagues around the world and realizing the opportunities we have in the states I decided this was the year to quit dreaming about it and start making it happen.

Sounds good. JD is a customer of mine but only in the Quad Cities. I know a lot of the engineers down there. I am finishing up a large project with them right now.

Good luck on your hunt! What part of the Hoosier state did you grow up? I only "went" to Purdue on Thursdays. "Class" was either at Harry's or the Neon Cactus...

Good luck on your hunt! What part of the Hoosier state did you grow up? I only "went" to Purdue on Thursdays. "Class" was either at Harry's or the Neon Cactus...

I grew up in north west Indiana, yeah I was always a Harry's guy those were the best classes.

I grew up in north west Indiana, yeah I was always a Harry's guy those were the best classes.
LOL! My senior year my roomate's high school classmate lived in the apartment above Harry's. It is a surprise I a) lived and b) got passing grades that year...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back