Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hello, from Alpacka Raft.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your support to conservation! The Mule is on my shortlist list under "things to use my stimulus check for". As a solo hunter 90% of the time would you recommend the Mule for class II rapids or carrying out a bear/deer under calm conditions? I am 220 lbs and my pack is usually 40 lbs. thanks again

Welcome aboard and thank you for your support to conservation! The Mule is on my shortlist list under "things to use my stimulus check for". As a solo hunter 90% of the time would you recommend the Mule for class II rapids or carrying out a bear/deer under calm conditions? I am 220 lbs and my pack is usually 40 lbs. thanks again

Whole or boned out/quatered?

boned out most of the time and definitely never whole

Sounds like your use case is pretty similar to mine. I'm looking at getting a mule as soon as we get settled. I think a forager is a great option for moose/ two people, and a mule is better for solo big game hunting. I borrowed my buddies boat for a trip in AK... they are awesome.

Welcome to the site and I loved the video you did with Randy. Most likely will be contacting you regards potentially purchasing a raft for season's hunting adventures.

Absolutely—that's exactly what the Mule is made for. The Mule is sized to comfortably fit anyone, including those over 6’2” and up to 280 lbs. With your gear, plus a bear or deer, you'll be just fine packing it out in the Mule. Also, if you get the Cargo Fly on your packraft, you can also store your gear inside the boat. Let us know if you have additional questions.

We've had a few questions asking about how the Forager handled while paddling it solo and wanted to share a recent video that was submitted by a Forager user. Although this is not a hunt specific video, the Forager in the video is fully loaded, it was paddled solo for 2 days, approximately 25 miles, and in class III water. Take a look at how it handles.

We've posted it on the @AlpackaRaft_Hunt Instagram page at the post included.
If you are paddling a Forager solo, we recommend using a kayak paddle for better performance, especially if you're in anything more than flat water.

Pictured below is also a Forager being paddled solo. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Kodiak - Thor Tingey 7.jpg

We've had a few questions asking about how the Forager handled while paddling it solo and wanted to share a recent video that was submitted by a Forager user. Although this is not a hunt specific video, the Forager in the video is fully loaded, it was paddled solo for 2 days, approximately 25 miles, and in class III water. Take a look at how it handles.

We've posted it on the @AlpackaRaft_Hunt Instagram page at the post included.
If you are paddling a Forager solo, we recommend using a kayak paddle for better performance, especially if you're in anything more than flat water.

Pictured below is also a Forager being paddled solo. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

View attachment 144487
Nice!

@AlpackaRaft Any chance Randy's promo code will be renewed/extended for 2021? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Forager, hopefully in time for some late spring/summer trips, but it looks like it's expired.

Back