Helical Broadheads... ??

danr55

Has anyone seen or tried them yet? Seems to me that if you have helical vains and the broadhead twist rate is different, it may confuse the flight trajectory..

:cool:

Hey danr, are you referring to the Crimson Talon line of broadheads?? Just curious. I have heard good and bad but of course opinions are like you know whats, everyone has one. They claim that your arrows are guided or steered from the front so you don't have to have any helical on the rear portion of the shaft. At any rate, they are spendy but if they work like they say they do, go for it. I'd also like to hears the pros and cons from others who have shot them.

Dan & Wile,

I've shot the Crimson Talons and they did seem to improve the arrow flight. I shot my javelina with one this year at about 20 feet. My biggest problem with then is the blades,they end up all messed up after you shoot an animal and you have to buy new ones and they are difficult to resharpen. They are also supposed to create a larger wound channel as well but I didn't notice any obvious effects from them.Hope this helps.I am going to try the Montec G5 next, heard good things about them.

Tim

Funter, Did you have to use brdhds with the same helical direction as the fletching? Did you have to change the fletches to straight? Basically, did you have to make any special adjustments to your arrows at all?

:cool:

Dan,

No adjustments at all. My arrows are fletched right helical. They did penatrate(sp?) my target to the point that I had to cut around the broadhead to get it out.

Dan,

IMO stick with the tried and true. For me it's the Thunderhead 100. Consistent quality.

If you like tinkering with the new gadgets go for it!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back