Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Heinz Foundation Bankrolled Group Protesting Bush 9/11 Ads

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
Heinz Foundation Bankrolled Group Protesting Bush 9/11 Ads

The group Peaceful Tomorrows, which bills itself as an independent group of 9/11 victim families and whose members have led the charge to force the Bush re-election campaign to yank ads citing the Twin Towers attacks, has direct financial ties to the Heinz Foundation, the charitable trust administered by the wife of likely Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry.

On its Web site, Peaceful Tomorrows identifies itself as "a project of the Tides Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization."

A December 2003 report in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review detailed the financial relationship between the Tides Center and the charitable foundation controlled by Mrs. Heinz Kerry:

"Known as the Tides Center for Pennsylvania, formerly the Tides Center for Western Pennsylvania, it is a creation of the Tides Foundation and Center, headquartered in San Francisco, and two Pennsylvania-based foundations – the Vira Heinz Endowment and the Howard Heinz Endowment – chaired by Teresa Heinz Kerry."
full story

If you think that some of the folks complaining about the 911 ads are not paid operatives with an agenda you really have your head in the sand.

It is good to see that the Heinz family is bankrolling the NYC firefighters, given that Dubya has failed to come thru with funding for our nation's first responders... :rolleyes:

Firefighter Tommy Fee in Rescue Squad 270 in Queens was appalled.

"It's as sick as people who stole things out of the place. The image of firefighters at Ground Zero should not be used for this stuff, for politics," Fee said.

Hero 9/11 Firefighter Defends Bush Ads

Hero New York City firefighter Mike Moran, whose words of defiance against Osama bin Laden helped rally the nation in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, said Friday that he finds President Bush's campaign ads invoking the attacks "inspirational."

"I think they're inspirational," Moran told No. 1 radio host Rush Limbaugh. "They remind me of how lost I felt on 9/11," explained the hero smoke-eater, whose brother John, also a fireman, perished when he rushed into World Trade Center Tower Two to rescue stranded New Yorkers that day.

"Seeing on the news when George Bush went down to the Trade Center to put his arm around that fireman - the words he spoke - they were inspirational," Moran told Limbaugh. "They made me feel like, wow, this isn't just going to be another terrorist attack where we sit back on our a---- and do nothing."

Moran criticized family members of other 9/11 victims who have complained about the ads, saying, "It's nothing less than slimy." He said too many Americans seem to want to forget some of the images from that day that appear in the Bush ads.

The famed fireman also weighed in on rebuilding efforts now ongoing at Ground Zero, saying he'd like to see the Towers reconstructed just as they were before, with one modification.

"I think we should build them bigger, the same way ... [but] name one tower Mecca and one Medina, and [announce] that as long as those towers are standing those cities will stand," he told Limbaugh.
Point taken, counter point given.
new article

Wonder what the IRS might have to say about a non-profit endowment sponsoring a political group?? Especially when an officer is married to the candidate. And so many complaints about Cheney holding stock options!! :D Move over Martha Stewart!! ;)

Oh; thanks Takla Buntuk! :D (That's Feclnogin in Tagalog!) :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back