Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wildear Master Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Huh...speak louder.

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
I'm trying Decibullz Percussive Filters this year for waterfowl and upland birds. $80 and you can mold the plastic to fit the bowl of your ear. They don't make it easier to hear other people in your blind but you can hear pretty well and they cancel out the shot pretty good.
How did the Decibullz work for you? I am trying to decide between these and the filtered Soundgear.

Thanks

Haven't tried either, but one thing to really think or be mindful of is windy days with them. I hope they have it figured out that you don't have to listen to the wind howling in your ear all day long.
Since this got brought back up, I figured I'd respond. I bought the tetra and wore them for the better part of last year, mostly waterfowl hunting. They worked great, and I had NO wind noise. They do a good job of filtering the wind out. Very happy with the purchase.

Since this got brought back up, I figured I'd respond. I bought the tetra and wore them for the better part of last year, mostly waterfowl hunting. They worked great, and I had NO wind noise. They do a good job of filtering the wind out. Very happy with the purchase.
That's good to hear, I'm in South Dakota tho, so I gotta ask how you think they'd do with SD wind?

That's good to hear, I'm in South Dakota tho, so I gotta ask how you think they'd do with SD wind?
I think it would do just fine in SD wind. They handled Eastern MT just fine, and I think last year was the windiest year I can remember. Every damn day had a 30 mph wind!

I think it would do just fine in SD wind. They handled Eastern MT just fine, and I think last year was the windiest year I can remember. Every damn day had a 30 mph wind!
Know how that goes! Glad to hear a positive review

Can you differentiate where sounds are coming from?
That's my biggest complaint with my walkers

Can you differentiate where sounds are coming from?
That's my biggest complaint with my walkers
Yeah, I have been able to with some success. Its not as good as naked ears, but still doable. I had the walker muffs the previous years, and they spend more time around my neck or in my blind bag due to wind noise, being uncomfortable, or not being able to locate the sounds etc. I seem to keep the custom molded tetras in ALOT longer. I do still find myself taking them out during the slow periods. I gotta work on that.

I'm glad this post came back up, I was just about to inquire about what other people use. Not looking to spend a fortune but will ear plugs suffice? I think Randy recently did a podcast on hearing so will have to give that a listen (no pun intended).

I've had the Soundgear electronic hearing protection devices for about five years now. They run about $1,000 and they work really well. There are four different settings and I love that you can essentially cancel the wind sounds with one of them. I use them for both upland birds and big game hunting. No more ringing ears when you have to do a close-up finishing shot on a big game animal. The protection was worth the money for me.

Thanks for the follow up on this. I've been using foam ear plugs for duck hunting and I'm ready to get something more advanced. I just checked out the Tetra sight and they look like what I need.

Howard leight has an electronic bluetooth ear bud that is not too expensive and works reasonably well, some what difficult to determine direction however.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back