Hearing Protection for Hunting

And if you order them off longrangehunting.com they are $299 and 30 day risk free trial. I tried them but just couldn’t get used to them in my ears so I sent them back
I have the pricier custom audiologist fit ones. They are fairly comfortable.

Fore some hunts the in ear ones are a PITA. For goose I use muffs and wear around my neck until I see them coming.

I just got back from putting in Day 2 on the Walkers. Again, they were satisfactory, but not great. Had a little trouble with directional hearing and finding Gus in tallgrass. But then I always have that trouble.

There was wind today, unlike Day 1. At first this was pretty noticeable, but after a bit, I was fine with it. Very nice to not have extra ringing in my ears from two shots (both misses :( ).

Last night we watched a movie at home, Avengers, and I broke them out to see what they could do. They definitely amplified things, but I did not understand any better. Given my really bad hearing to start with, that is not all that surprising, but I would say that the sound quality is not great. Clearly, these are no substitute for $8k "real" hearing aids.

Back