Heading to Eastern Sierras

Calif. Hunter

Work demands are keeping me from doing much hunting this fall, but we are taking off on Friday for the Eastern Sierras for some trout fishing in the Owens River. We may head up into the mountains to North Lake, but probably will stick to the river. I am looking forward to the aspens shining golden in the rising and setting sun!

Also, of course, for some nice fresh trout! I usually bring some home to put in the smoker, too.

That Owens is some sweet water.

When the bite is on my kids like jigging for the perch in Crowley. Not much of a fight but some great eating.

Good luck!

Cali.. Have a good trip. I will be heading up by Trukee middle of Oct for a hunt with the family. Hope to get some weather before then.

Boy, was it hot! It was over 95 degrees on Saturday at the Owens River. Lots of skeeters, too. We all had many bites, even through our t-shirts. Fishing was bad, probably due to the heat. We caught 5 trout Saturday morning. (We had tried up the hills to Intake 2 on Friday afternoon, but got skunked. We usually have decnt luck at the river, but the biggest was 1.25 pounds.)

Oh well, Michael had fun catchiung crawdads in the river when the fishing slowed down.

The aspens in the Sierras are bright gold right now, so it was a beautiful drive up into the mountains.

Back