HCN on hunting

This one is even better. For a publication that gets a lot of heat around here for being anti-hunting I'm not hearing much from the peanut gallery.

In this country, hunting is both admired and despised. Anachronistic, it is a protest against the civilizing process, a process that combines neurotic desires with economic excess. The goal of civilization? Utopia. Soon, the civilizing narrative affirms, technology will surmount the pathos of the human condition and overcome the horror that is reality. Already, every trivial experience — vacationing at Disneyworld, snorkeling in the Seychelles — gets documented and flung into cyberspace, to be admired by virtual friends who don’t realize that these ersatz novelties were scripted by someone else.

Good issue. Been a HCN subscriber for years. I pass the issues on to neighbors & the school. Same with my RMEF Bugle's.
Info is always useful. Good info is hard to come by.
Don't always agree with the HCN authors but usually interesting articles. I get info from many sources.

Good issue. Been a HCN subscriber for years. I pass the issues on to neighbors & the school. Same with my RMEF Bugle's.
Info is always useful. Good info is hard to come by.
Don't always agree with the HCN authors but usually interesting articles. I get info from many sources.
ditto. I used to buy a couple other memberships for friends and family as xmas gifts but have gone away from that. I feel like in general the overall quality of the reporting as gone down in the last two years though, what's your thoughts on that @hank4elk ?

Maybe not seeing the whole issue on one or two topics? I kinda thought the last few have been better as there has been several topics covered well.
They constantly change staff & writers...as they, woke....lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back