Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hawaii Idaho deer hunt.

Scott85

To keep with people wishes not to post unit number we will call this unit 4rty in Idaho.
I drew this unit by mistake this summer and have been looking forward to this hunt since I drew the tag. I’m definitely treating this tag as a OIL deer tag.
My bags are packed and the camper is loaded down. Got one more week of work and heading to the unit Saturday morning for 3.5 days of scouting before the season starts and I got 11 full days of hunting. Also got some pretty cool people tagging along on this hunt so either way it’s going to be a lot of fun!!!

“Hawaii Idaho deer hunt.”​

Darn auto-correct! 😀

I am looking foward to reading about the hunt. Get a good one.

Edit - Or, maybe, it was not auto-correct, and just part of the plan to maintain unit anonymity.

Last edited:
Good luck on your hunt. From what Ive heard, its not what it use to be, but there are some world class genetics in there. Ill be looking forward to following your story. I use to hunt the bordering unit quite a bit.

20151101_150236.jpg

We got these opening with only 2 days to hunt on the boarder of that unit (we both had pregnant wives at home).

To keep with people wishes not to post unit number we will call this unit 4rty in Idaho.
I drew this unit by mistake this summer and have been looking forward to this hunt since I drew the tag. I’m definitely treating this tag as a OIL deer tag.
My bags are packed and the camper is loaded down. Got one more week of work and heading to the unit Saturday morning for 3.5 days of scouting before the season starts and I got 11 full days of hunting. Also got some pretty cool people tagging along on this hunt so either way it’s going to be a lot of fun!!!
Best of luck I'll follow olong too see if you get anything .

Are they still doing the 2 point hunt out there? It just kills the genetic diversity and quantity of animals. Idaho has some good rules and some absurd ones. I love the weapon specific seasons/traditional muzzloader/no crossbow etc. Wyoming is kind of a free for all. We would have the best hunting in the lower 48 if we adopted those, in my opinion anyway. That being said, I have enjoyed great sucess since moving there from Idaho.

Are they still doing the 2 point hunt out there? It just kills the genetic diversity and quantity of animals. Idaho has some good rules and some absurd ones. I love the weapon specific seasons/traditional muzzloader/no crossbow etc. Wyoming is kind of a free for all. We would have the best hunting in the lower 48 if we adopted those, in my opinion anyway. That being said, I have enjoyed great sucess since moving there from Idaho.
2 point hunt is still a thing. They have a bow and rifle hunt for 2 points.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back