• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Have you ever seen this?

Pecos

I have been hunting coyotes and other things for over 40 years and last Sunday afternoon I had a first.
We were glassing a Mesquite flat for Turkeys and saw movement about 300 yards away. Took a look and it was a coyote moving her pups from a den under a big rock to another one about 100 yards away under a big brush pile that has been there for abour 30 years. While we were watching she moved 3 pups, no idea how many were involved. After the third pup was moved she stayed in the den as we didn't see her again by the time we left at sundown.

I have found several dens with pups in them over the years, but that was the first time I have actually seen the pups being moved.

Will be back in the area in Aug or Sep to see if I can't get a few there.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

Pecos

Jason

I wish I could say yes to that, I also have found several dens but with no pups in them, and then again I don't go looking for them when its denning season.