• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Has anyone used rocket broadheads?

JB Florida

I'm getting ready for archery elk next fall and Ive been trying out different heads.
I have used thunderheads for a while but I just wacked a doe with a rocket and it was IMPRESSIVE! They are good on deer I'm sure but how about ELK?

schmalts

dont do it unless you have at LEAST 65lbs of KE . and stay small diameter. I e-mailed greenhorn once and he used the small diameter ones i think. I use them on deer, had them with me this year for elk but never shot.

JB Florida

Hey there Schmalts,

Who is Greenhorn?
J/K

I assume you mean small Cutting blades and not the shaft diameter.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-31-2002 15:22: Message edited by: JB Florida ]</font>

schmalts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JB Florida:
Hey there Schmalts,

Who is Greenhorn?
J/K

I assume you mean small Cutting blades and not the shaft diameter.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-31-2002 15:22: Message edited by: JB Florida ]</font>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Greenhorn i never met but he is some loser that only shoots little shit and brags about it all the time.
smilies/wink.gif Yes i meant blade diameter. I use 1 5/8
on deer. rips through them pretty good. the rocky Snypers are a great deer head too.