Caribou Gear Tarp

Hard Water Fishing

Nemont

So Sunday morning K-man and I hook up with a friend and hit the road to the lake. It starts raining about 1/2 there. We get out to his cabin and head for the ice house, it is still raining.

Get out there and get set up. It was not very cold, here is K-man in the ice house.
P1140526.jpg

It is slick on the ice as the rain has not frozen. Even had to chain up our ride to keep from slipping and sliding.
P1140528.jpg

Setting tip-ups on the bare ice.
P1140527.jpg

A few minutes later the rain turns to sleet, the sleet to snow and the temps. drop. Here is the same view just a short while later. The tip up is nearly buried in the snow.
P1140530.jpg

Even forced K-man to put on his coat and hat then hit the hot cocoa again.
P1140529.jpg

And the sum total of our efforts were three little perch. I did catch the worlds smallest northern but returned him to the water. The shack next to us caught one fish all day but it was a bruiser, 22 lb. northern. Never did hook up with mtmiller. He still owes me a promised drink I guess. :)
P1140531.jpg

Nemont

Sorry I missed you. Weather was pretty interesting. I caught a couple northern, but it was pretty slow. Axl fished and I drank. :D
WinoAxl.JPG

Get you next time on the drink.

The other two guys I was fishing with caught five northerns, nine walleyes (13-14"'ers) and about 10 perch. Not great fishing, but beat sitting at home. Got to listen to the games on Sirius anyway. :D

My pick-up didn't fall through. :D

12" where I was fishing, but as you probably know, the ice is not very consistant on the reservoir.

It was about the same where we were fishing but didn't see many pickups on the ice. Lot's of people but most were on 4 wheelers.

Nemont

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back