Happy 311 day

In 2005, I was college freshman at a small private college fifteen miles north of Omaha, so.....

Their music is really dated, but honestly they aren't that bad. One could say they paved the way bands that ended up getting more popular like Linkin Park.

In 2005, I was college freshman at a small private college fifteen miles north of Omaha, so.....

Their music is really dated, but honestly they aren't that bad. One could say they paved the way bands that ended up getting more popular like Linkin Park.
I think their music holds up. The alt-rock and classic rock radio stations (yes, I still listen to the radio) still play their stuff. I prefer their version of "Love Song" to the original.

Some of the best times of my youth were 311 concerts at the Jersey Shore. I really haven't listened to much of their new music, but I've probably listened to their albums from the 90s and early 00's more than any other album. I remember there was a month in high school when I solely listened to 311.

I think their music holds up. The alt-rock and classic rock radio stations (yes, I still listen to the radio) still play their stuff. I prefer their version of "Love Song" to the original.
I guess didn't mean dated in a bad way, or that it can't be listened to now. I meant it more along the lines of, the second you hear it, you know immediately the era it came from.

I will say tho, the quasi-rasta accent does not hold up lol.

We snuck this song on for opening warmup tune one time for a home bball game. Watching our 70 some year AD trying to figure out how to shut off the music was pure gold.

We snuck this song on for opening warmup tune one time for a home bball game. Watching our 70 some year AD trying to figure out how to shut off the music was pure gold.

At halftime when he came in and was gonna start whooping our asses was also pure gold.

Also…. I hadn’t thought about this in an incredibly long time, but these lyrics are incredibly hard

“You know I’ve never visited Alaska
Huh, where the oil was spilt
That drunken captain should be killed
For polluting the sea, an atrocity
He still walks free, well
This one goes to all the birds that drown
#*^@#* the bullshit it’s time to throw down”

Oh man, brings back memories. Highschool. Only time I ever crowd surfed was at a 311 concert in Denver. It was fun until I got tossed to floor and landed on my back. First time I smelled weed, haha.

6.5 Creedmoor shooters unite! :ROFLMAO:

I grew up listening to them when I moved to Omaha in 3rd grade. One of my best friend's older brother was friends with SA Martinez - had a picture of them at his house leaning on his 1969 Boss 302.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back