Caribou Gear Tarp

Hanoi Jane says she betrayed U.S.

dgibson

Fascinating.
NEW YORK Jane Fonda says she betrayed American troops back in 1972.

That's when she visited an anti-aircraft gun site in North Vietnam. Photos of a helmet-wearing Fonda sitting in a gun seat earned her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

Fonda tells "60 Minutes" that the incident was a betrayal of American forces and her country. She calls it the largest lapse of judgment that she can imagine.

Fonda says she does not regret meeting with American P-O-W's while she was there, or making broadcasts on Radio Hanoi. She says she felt the U-S government was lying to Americans about the Vietnam war, and she had to do something about the men dying there.

The "60 Minutes" interview airs Sunday. Her memoir, "Jane Fonda: My Life So Far," comes out next week.

Too little too late. She's the epitome of elitist Hollywood arrogance and left wing extremism. She should have to marry Michael Moore and move to North Vietnam.

My dad was a pilot of OV-10's over SE Asia. He and his fellow FAC's were known as "suiciders". (Piloting low airspeed aircraft at low elevation with low level armament, while marking targets for the stikers.)

His friends and roommates spent time and died as POW's. He himself was shotdown and MIA for some time before being recovered.

Fonda's actions killed American prisoners. Some very close friends of dad's.

Although I'm one generation removed from the era, and could justify having no feelings on the topic.......I do.

Jane has blood on her hands. She'll get hers.

I wonder where she thinks she can get off the hook with a little lip service... :rolleyes:
If she was really sorry, she would start paying reparations and actually doing some thing for this country.... But she has a lot of good mentors on that side of the fence...
They think a simple apology and every thing is just hunky dory.....

Who cares what the bitch from Hanoi has to say? She blew it 35 years ago. If it was such a screw up, she should have realized it and apologized to the guys she betrayed. The ones who gave her notes that she turned over to the camp commander. Those are the only men who can forgive her....not that I have any feelings one way or the other about her, you understand.

:cool:

She really should be one of the most despised celebs of all...only because of men like the ones she betrayed has her pampered lifestyle been possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back