Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hammocks for backpack hunts

I do use a pad when sleeping in my hammock for additional comfort and warmth. I am currently using a Big Agnes sleeping bag with the Big Agnes insulated air core sleeping pad. The big agnes bag has a sleeve pocket on the bottom of the bag to slide the pad into so it stays in place when you sleep. This combo works very well with the hammock in my experience.

The rain fly I use is the one that comes with the hammock I linked to in one of my earlier replies. It is 76 inches wide and 115 inches long. I have used the setup in multiple rain and snow storms and never got wet.

One drawback with the hammock set up is it is tougher to get dressed and ready in the mornings when it is cold but I have gotten used to getting dressed lying down in my hammock, so not a huge deal.

I use my hammock just for mid-day naps or for something to sit on. It's a Grand Trunk Nano 7. I use Whoopie Slings for the harness. Total weight is under 9 oz., perfect for throwing in my daypack.

I have an ENO Doublenest and love it. Made be Eagles Nest Outfitters. Usually run about $60 for the hammock and they make all kinds of accessories and accoutrements.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back