Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HAd a Beard on my desk this Morning....

Moosie

Grand poopa
As Most of ya know, I work With Booga (Jody) and Elk Turd (Dinger).

Well I came in a little after 8AM and those guys were talking and HAving a Sh|t eatin' GRIN on their face.

I looked at my 'Puter to Boot it and a Beard was on it!!! COOL!!!!!

I will let Booga or Elk Turd tell the story I will just provide the Pictures they took when they got back to the office last night....

After that Picture I doctored of Elk Turd's LAst year... HEheheh He will never take another picture with a turkey again I think *SMILE*

BOOGA was the one that ended up shooting it and the One in the Pictures... I sold him a "LUCKY HAT" 2 weeks ago :D :D

jody.JPG

jody1.JPG

jody2.JPG

Moosie you gotta be careful with those pictures of Elk Turd
Sure would be a kick though! :D :D
I think Elk Turd is a better story teller so I will let him tell this turkey story. We had a blast! :D

What the????? OK, here's the story... I was born in New Jersey, What????? OK, Booga and I were all jacked up to go turkey hunting. Instead of driving anywhere, we just headed down to the local zoo! There were animals everywhere! I almost got a Kangaroo, but some kid jumped in the way.

OK, Booga and I set up just up the hill from where we got the double turkeys last year. I set out my decoy and Booga backed off a little and started calling. After about ten minutes I heard a whistle. I thought to myself that Booga must have swallowed his mouthpiece and couldn't breath!!!! Actually he was getting my attention, he saw a turkey. I walked over to him and he points WAY down the mountain to the road, and there he was, a little black dot. Well, I set up the decoy again and Booga called once. Nothing. I was thinking no way he heard that! Another call 10 minutes later by Booga......What the ????? There's a turkey 4 yards from me!!! chirp, chirp....BUSTED!!! He saw me when I saw him and he just chirped. I thought, maybe I can just hit him over the head with my longbow???!!! The darn thing kept walking around the decoy and over towards Booga. I never had a good shot because he never stopped in an opening! Pretty darn cool. I was saying to myself, take him Booga, take him!!! Finally he raised up, pointed the shotgun, lowered the gun, then raised it again for the shot. BOOM!!!! and Booga now has filled a turkey tag.

Even though I never got a shot, it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. That darn turkey came about a quarter mile to us and he was within spitting distance!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

Booga is now my turkey hunting guide, and we are going back up thursday after one we heard gobble by our bait site.

By the way, notice the cool hunting cap used??? That's right, Hunt Talk all the way!!! Buy one of these babies and it will increase your hunting success, just ask Booga. I'm sure Moosie will sell you one! (By the way Moosie, I get half!)

[ 17 April 2001: Message edited by: Elk Turd ]

The hat may have helped, but I really think it was the cool blue turkey camo! ;) (Just yanking your chain, guys. You know what we say about "any friend of Oscar's....)

Booga Comes From Wyoming... There, I think, It is leagal to hunt Smurf's. Idaho HAsn't oppened the Season on them yet.... Booga with his Leftover Blue Cammo Must work On the Idaho Turkeys..

LAst year Booga tried ALL cammo and Face paint too... I said he should try that HuntTalk.com HAt and The smurf Cammo......

Thinks that work Will amaise ya :D :D

LOL Booga..... DOn't let the Teasing get to ya.. Just do to them Like I do to Elk Turd....... I always say.. "Where's YOU GAME " :D :D :D

I got a truckload of blue camo in and thought I might make a lot of money if I could start a new fad! :D :D
You should see the new line I'm working on for the fall hunting season! Ha! Ha! :D

Booga, Elk Turd and Moosie. I can't remember if I told Moosie this or not, but one of my hobbies is making wingbone turkey calls. They are a real good call to use in Idaho because nobody here uses them and the turkeys aren't burned out on hearing them like they are every other type of call by the first week of the season. They're also a nice memento of the hunt.

Here's my standing deal for anyone who gets a turkey and doesn't care about the wings or tail. I take the wings and tail and give back one wingbone call. I keep the other and I give the tail to a buddy who uses the feathers for the fly tying classes he teaches to kids. Email me or call me if you're interested. Oscar has my number. Keep the wings and tail in the frig or freeze them so they won't stink too bad. Of course if you don't want the a call or have no use for the wings and tail I'd still love to have them. Good luck getting some more turkeys. The smaller turkeys make the best calls because the bones are smaller, although a twenty pound Tom still makes a pretty good call.

Ithaca 37 I'm sorry but they picked up my trash this morning before I read your post! So I don't have the turkey wings left. I like to save a tail once in a while to fan out for a trophy mount. If I get lucky enough to get another turkey this spring I will definetly send you the wings and tail. I have some friends that will hopefully get one also. What part of the wing do you need? Sometimes I cut the wing at the second joint from the body and would not want to give you the wrong section.
I have always wanted a wingbone call, looking forward to trying out your call! :D :D

Ithaca 37 - Can do on the bones and feathers! If my arrows fly straight(?) hopefully I will get one this year. When you respond to Booga, I will write down what I need to send you.

Good luck hunting!!!

Booga, The turkey's wing is like your arm. The two bones in your forearm are the ones I need for a two bone call. In the upper part of your arm there is a single bone (humerus) that connects into your shoulder. I need that one if you want a three bone call. Both two bone and three bone calls work well, they just sound slightly different. I use both kinds. Just keep the wings and tail in the freezer until we can get together. I'll be a little hard to contact for the next two or three weeks while I'm busy hunting here and other states.

[ 18 April 2001: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]

Hey Booga Smurf, ;)
Nice Sh*t eat'in grin ya got there, oh and nice turkey too. We, (Moosie and I), have been hearing Turkey's but haven't gottem them to come in yet, now that I know what to wear I'm sure that we will be as successful as you, thanks for the pix. :D :D :D

Geez Wylee do I have to show you everything? :D :D
This is for advertising see, now we can say all the camo you need is the hunt and talk cap. Ha! Ha! The blue is the finishing touches. I was trying to see if I could get shot! Good luck on the turks Wylee. :D :D

When it comes to turkeys booga, you da king, man. :D :D Thanks for showing me the ropes, hopefully the bear tag will fill as easily as the turkey tag, i.e. good luck, I can't wait to see those pix. :D :D

Back