H.S. Precision Stocks

EKYHunter

Anyone know a good place to purchase a new H.S. stock that’s cheaper than the factory website? Wanting to get one for a Rem Arms 700 ADL.

+1 for Redhawk, but you might take a look at the Mesa Precision stocks (which they also carry), as well. Big fan of them, very light but good geometry. I have one on a Tikka CTR and another waiting for my Tikka .338-06 build project.

+1 for Redhawk, but you might take a look at the Mesa Precision stocks (which they also carry), as well. Big fan of them, very light but good geometry. I have one on a Tikka CTR and another waiting for my Tikka .338-06 build project.
Never heard of Mesa Prescision but I’ll check them out. Thanks.

I have a lightly used one I’d consider selling. It’s a S/A BDL with Sendero contour barrel channel.

I have a lightly used one I’d consider selling. It’s a S/A BDL with Sendero contour barrel channel.
Did you have any issues with the mesa? I have a 270 I’m looking to restock and this was one I was looking at. The peak 44 is also getting a look, just not much info on them yet

Did you have any issues with the mesa? I have a 270 I’m looking to restock and this was one I was looking at. The peak 44 is also getting a look, just not much info on them yet
I’m missing something.

I have an HS Precision stock I would sell. I bought it for a build that I’m postponing indefinitely. HS makes high quality, tough, stocks. I have used a few whose dimensions/grips weren’t my favorite, and I’ve never had a McMillan that I didn’t love, BUT I can’t always afford a McMillan, and not every rifle I own is in a McMillan.

Update: I think the stock in my closet is a B&C. HS Precision makes greats stocks. I would not hesitate to recommend one to someone not willing to pay for a McMillan or Manners.

Last edited:
HS is great, the only negative with them is weight, they are apples to apples usually a little heavier than their competitors. I still feel like they are one of the best feeling stocks, the last time I bought one Stockys had the best price. The other thing with HSP is that their DBM is in my opinion really underrated. Yeah, its not a light or as refined as some out there, and the mags are proprietary, but the thing just drops right in and works.

I’m missing something.

I have an HS Precision stock I would sell. I bought it for a build that I’m postponing indefinitely. HS makes high quality, tough, stocks. I have used a few whose dimensions/grips weren’t my favorite, and I’ve never had a McMillan that I didn’t love, BUT I can’t always afford a McMillan, and not every rifle I own is in a McMillan.

Update: I think the stock in my closet is a B&C. HS Precision makes greats stocks. I would not hesitate to recommend one to someone not willing to pay for a McMillan or Manners.
Sorry for the confusion, right above your post someone mentioned a Mesa stock. I thought that might be what you had!

I love mine so far, just be aware it is a slightly more tactical stock than sporter. Very light weight but a nice, full feel. The guys at Hunt Backcountry have posted a few articles (and maybe a podcast episode) on these stocks. Below is the 6.5 I had built for antelope and deer last year.
1659100198400.jpeg

I love mine so far, just be aware it is a slightly more tactical stock than sporter. Very light weight but a nice, full feel. The guys at Hunt Backcountry have posted a few articles (and maybe a podcast episode) on these stocks. Below is the 6.5 I had built for antelope and deer last year.
View attachment 231855
Looks great, they definitely have a high comb. Do you know how much fitting that one required?

It was a straight drop-in for a Tikka but not sure about other actions. I've talked to the Mesa folks on the phone several times-- they're always very helpful. You might give them a call.

I use the Mesa on a tikka as well and I get the same accuracy after bedding it that I did before it was bedded. It's a great stock. The remington drops right in as well, though I'm not certain if it'll be good unbedded.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back