H.S. Precision Stocks

EKYHunter

Anyone know a good place to purchase a new H.S. stock that’s cheaper than the factory website? Wanting to get one for a Rem Arms 700 ADL.

+1 for Redhawk, but you might take a look at the Mesa Precision stocks (which they also carry), as well. Big fan of them, very light but good geometry. I have one on a Tikka CTR and another waiting for my Tikka .338-06 build project.

+1 for Redhawk, but you might take a look at the Mesa Precision stocks (which they also carry), as well. Big fan of them, very light but good geometry. I have one on a Tikka CTR and another waiting for my Tikka .338-06 build project.
Never heard of Mesa Prescision but I’ll check them out. Thanks.

I have a lightly used one I’d consider selling. It’s a S/A BDL with Sendero contour barrel channel.

I have a lightly used one I’d consider selling. It’s a S/A BDL with Sendero contour barrel channel.
Did you have any issues with the mesa? I have a 270 I’m looking to restock and this was one I was looking at. The peak 44 is also getting a look, just not much info on them yet

Did you have any issues with the mesa? I have a 270 I’m looking to restock and this was one I was looking at. The peak 44 is also getting a look, just not much info on them yet
I’m missing something.

I have an HS Precision stock I would sell. I bought it for a build that I’m postponing indefinitely. HS makes high quality, tough, stocks. I have used a few whose dimensions/grips weren’t my favorite, and I’ve never had a McMillan that I didn’t love, BUT I can’t always afford a McMillan, and not every rifle I own is in a McMillan.

Update: I think the stock in my closet is a B&C. HS Precision makes greats stocks. I would not hesitate to recommend one to someone not willing to pay for a McMillan or Manners.

Last edited:
HS is great, the only negative with them is weight, they are apples to apples usually a little heavier than their competitors. I still feel like they are one of the best feeling stocks, the last time I bought one Stockys had the best price. The other thing with HSP is that their DBM is in my opinion really underrated. Yeah, its not a light or as refined as some out there, and the mags are proprietary, but the thing just drops right in and works.

I’m missing something.

I have an HS Precision stock I would sell. I bought it for a build that I’m postponing indefinitely. HS makes high quality, tough, stocks. I have used a few whose dimensions/grips weren’t my favorite, and I’ve never had a McMillan that I didn’t love, BUT I can’t always afford a McMillan, and not every rifle I own is in a McMillan.

Update: I think the stock in my closet is a B&C. HS Precision makes greats stocks. I would not hesitate to recommend one to someone not willing to pay for a McMillan or Manners.
Sorry for the confusion, right above your post someone mentioned a Mesa stock. I thought that might be what you had!

I love mine so far, just be aware it is a slightly more tactical stock than sporter. Very light weight but a nice, full feel. The guys at Hunt Backcountry have posted a few articles (and maybe a podcast episode) on these stocks. Below is the 6.5 I had built for antelope and deer last year.
1659100198400.jpeg

I love mine so far, just be aware it is a slightly more tactical stock than sporter. Very light weight but a nice, full feel. The guys at Hunt Backcountry have posted a few articles (and maybe a podcast episode) on these stocks. Below is the 6.5 I had built for antelope and deer last year.
View attachment 231855
Looks great, they definitely have a high comb. Do you know how much fitting that one required?

It was a straight drop-in for a Tikka but not sure about other actions. I've talked to the Mesa folks on the phone several times-- they're always very helpful. You might give them a call.

I use the Mesa on a tikka as well and I get the same accuracy after bedding it that I did before it was bedded. It's a great stock. The remington drops right in as well, though I'm not certain if it'll be good unbedded.

Back