Yeti GOBOX Collection

Guttless Friends

elkfarmer

Do we all have them or is it just me? Here is the deal.

I want to go mule deer hunting, I have a contact (Deerking), who has the spot that could work out good for me and ......................

NOBODY- not one-zip-zero-none of my Friends can I talk into it. For less than ~$1000 or so. *#@!^&*@$@%^#@!@!!!!!!!!! :BLEEP: |oo :BLEEP:

So here are my choices, go to Co. by myself- yea right. Go elk hunting with the old crew up to craig co. again. Its a good time but I want something different. Or Stay home and pout like a baby. :mad: :mad:

I don't do these hunts but every 3-4 yrs average and would like to make the most of it.

April 5 th is the deadline and it aint lookin good for me. Oh well, just needed to vent a little. :BLEEP: :BLEEP: :MAD |oo :BLEEP: :BLEEP:

I concur, try a solo hunt. Big fun. Don't let your friends (or lack there of ;) ) keep you from a hunt you may never forget.

Solo Hunts

Unfortunately due to a large move, I was unable to accompany Bambistew on his mule deer hunt. Well...he showed me how it is done. Go for it, have fun and show them how to do it... :D

Screw that.... Beg for someone to go with you. If deerking is pointing out the way, and as long as it's Ok with him, drag someone along from this site.

Are you hunting w/ Deerking, or did he just turn you on to a spot ? If he's going to be there, just fly out and hunt with him.

If you're driving, that would be a long haul by yourself. Also wouln't be much fun camping, etc. by yourself. Plus two is better from a safety standpoint, way back in the boonies.

Unless you're a convicted axe murderer or something like that, I can't imagine you couldn't find someone from your area to jump in on that deal.

Hoof it alone and GET ER" DONE. Solo's are not that bad and less people to worry about when in the field. the only mistakes will be your own.
I have had friends back out on me the last few years and they have not been asked again. But they never whine when I have some mule deer spotted. They want all the help on that. I have my friend from Post Falls that might come down and hunt muleys with me this year. I met him on another site and we talk on the phone and he has came down and hunted antelope with me last year. You could meet some great guys on here if they want to hunt with you. Hook up with them.

a solo hunt is pretty much out of the question. it's a long trip to take solo. I do alot of solo hunts around here which i enjoy, but i am only a few hours from home. oh well, thanks for the support....

What details do you have on where you are going? Not so much on where exactly, but more like - elevation? Type of country? Amount for tags? When do you have to apply? Draw odds?

I may be interested (see my post in Fireside) and may have a friend or two who might want to go as well.

elkfarmer... I live only a couple of hours from you and I'm VERY interested in hunting mulies...

Unfortunately, I just recently booked a mule deer hunt in Wyoming and and I think that my lovely bride might FROWN upon me doing TWO western hunts this year...

Good luck in finding a partner.. It appears that you may find someone here on the forum willing to go...

Perhaps one of the LADIES here would like to accompany you... :D ....

Elkfarmer what are you looking for in a hunt? State and whatever else info to help out if someone can help you out.

mabey sometime soon Pygmy.

superspider, i am looking for a good hunt, see plent of deer to pick and choose a deer that i want to try for. i have bought 2 muledeer tags and i have only passed up a little fork horn. just want a good opertunity at a nice one.

I'll be hunting alone in colorado this year too. I have 4 points and might be going to 66 this year. I hate to hunt alone. :( I did that once four years ago in Maryland and came home early. When I was younger I liked to hunt by myself.

Are any hunttalkers going to unit 66 in Colorado second rifle? Maybe we could meet up. don

Back