PEAX Equipment

Gun room and carpet

SD_Prairie_Goat

Have a spare room that already has the gun safe and deep freeze. I'm going to add a work bench for gun cleaning and what not.

What do we think about protecting the brand new carpet I have in the room? At first I was thinking maybe just lay down plywood? I can't think of the best solution... Most worried about spilling solvents and oil on the carpet, because I'm messy at times....

Thanks in advance!

A scrap chunk of linoleum may be cheaper, plus easier to roll up and store when not needed.

A rug helps trapped spilled powder (ask me how I know) and can help keep small parts and primers from going too far. I use a cheap one, and when it gets too bad I buy a different one

I like either rug or linoleum. Solid ideas. Linoleum would be completely water tight which has appeal

Last edited:
This is what I would do. Amazon has endless options. Would be a couple hundred bucks though..

Attachments

• 3C5846DB-3784-4AFF-AC32-C8113D95FF59.png
    3C5846DB-3784-4AFF-AC32-C8113D95FF59.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
If you also plan to do reloading, be aware of increased static electricity potential.
Hmmm. I load on a concrete floor and still have static issues with flaky shotgun powder. I wipe down my funnel and loader's charge bar insert and tube with a fabric softener sheet. Helps immensely. Does anyone ground their loader? Sounds like a good idea.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back