GSP Stud Idaho

brymoore

I'm looking for a GSP stud in Idaho to breed to my female. My female has German imports for parents and has been one of the most naturally talented dogs I've owned - backing naturally, good nose, etc. and I'd like to breed to something similar.

Post or shoot me a PM if you have any leads on a good GSP stud for me.

Thanks

She's registered. I'll give those guys a call.

I'm not too worried about color. Size - she a little bigger than I'd like so a medium or smaller sized male.

Why do I imagine the owner of the prospective, shorter stud dog asking if you will provide the stool or if he should bring his own? ;)

Brymoore, My Buddy has a Papered dog and his kid at 18 months won two field trial championships.

I hunted over this dog and he's good. I can post pictures or get his number for you... the owner, not the dog ;)

Or drop me a call anytime, 208.571.1355

Bry,
I do hunt with shorthairs and have for 25 yrs, have bred, done the puppy thing a number of times etc. I have bitches. I don't have a particular stud in mind but I do have one piece of advice. This area is loaded with terrific genetics that you can be somewhat selective and you should be selective. It's all about the "blood". It applies in people, runnin horses and most certainly bird dogs. Breeding that is not thought out can yield litters of knothead puppies. Do yourself and the breed a favor and shop around.
Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to shares some sire thoughts.
WD

Well said Wally Dog. I've seen a few dog owners turn breeders for some extra $, with little thought of the product.

After two litters out of my two GSP's, they entered neuterdom. I was kinda sad for the male, but the goofball didn't even miss 'em. He was running around just fine the day after. He still tries to mount up on her, but he has a confused look on his face.

Thanks for the responses. I'm doing the breeding because I want a pup from a good dog - not for the money.

Moosie - your buddy PM'd me and I responded. Please posts pics (of the dog) if you have any.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back