Grouse opener

mtmiller

Well just got back from some grouse hunting/deer scouting trip.

Grouse season opened this morning. I was a little late getting to where I wanted to hunt because I kept running into deer. Guess I can't bitch too much about that.

Anyway, once I arrived, the hunt was quick. I flushed about 10 birds. Two shots fired, but only one sharpie hit the ground. I saw where they landed and when I came over the hill, two flushed and I shot one. As Axl was bringing it back, three more jumped. I took the first one as it took off to the left and then another one that flew straight away.

Five minutes, five shots and four birds. Axl did great and retrieved all four, the last one was a blind. Only downside is I think he dropped the second bird to get the third one. After he brought it to me he then got the original and finally the one he didn't see go down.

With this new camera, you guys will get sick of pictures of me and my ugly dog.
biggrin.gif

2003_MT_upland_010.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-01-2003 14:01: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

DID you ACTUALLY use your gun ? Or did you chase them into the Fence and tangle them up
wink.gif

Never sick of ya bud, Keep um coming.

Yea, I was in a hurry and forgot the gun.
biggrin.gif
You are not missing much, it is not your traditional beautiful wood, overunder. I just use my waterfowl camo'ed automatic. Figure I might as well use the same gun for all my birds.

Actually, I thought about buying a nice Beretta O/U last year, but too much dough. Maybe someday.

How about some kudos on the cap?
rolleyes.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-01-2003 14:45: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Good shootin miller.

Great pics. good looking doggy there.

Did I mention I'm going SHEEP hunting in 1 hour and 45 minutes?

Our sharptails don't open for another month! Man am I jealous. But our forrest grouse opened today and I hit them hard. I have pictures and a short story here in the Upland section. Ron

Congrats on the birds. Man, they sure are more generous with the sharpies up there. Our season was cut to three weeks this year and the bag limit is two birds. Sage grouse was cut to seven days, with a bag of two.

What kind of camera did you get? I'm somewhat in the market.

Oak

Yeh, it is pretty liberal for grouse around here. Of course they are in great shape right now.

Sage grouse runs September 1 to November 1, with a 3 a day bag limit and two times daily limit possession.

Sharptail grouse runs September 1 to December 15 with 4 a day bag and four times daily limit possession.

The camera I purchased is a Sony TRV22. I am just starting to figure it out. It is probably more than I needed, but I like it so far. I do wish it had more zoom. It zooms to 10x, but you can get 120x digitally. When it goes digital, you loose a lot and pixels really enlarge. Everyone knows I can't sneak close enough for 10X to work for me.

I think I can purchase a doubler, but not sure of the cost or quality. I may have to look into that for the future.

I really like the remote control and timer setting. I can set the timer and then press the remote. It makes a little noise as well before it takes the picture, this works well to get the dog looking the right direction.
wink.gif

TRV22 camcorder

Awesome pics! I hope to have some up after the 20th sans dog, unless my wife tags along!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm drunk and my wife's pissed! I like your dog's name. I bet you are a closet G&R fan!
wink.gif

Back