Caribou Gear

Grouse! Let’s See Them

I've killed 3 so far with my bow and have only lost one arrow. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm hoping to stack em up in the freezer and make a big grouse pot pie for Christmas. I took two from the group below but was starting to feel bad and let this one live.

View attachment 242943
So you wiped out his clan and left one alive to warn the other grouse. They now know ' "To live in fear of Paul Revere, for he carries the stick and string, when bugles have ceased and no cervids can be found , alas my ruffed friends he shall seek us out, keep low, keep wary, run to the brush, fight the urge to flush. the warning has been given it's up to all feathered to heed. Choose to ignore it and pie of pot you may meet.

So you wiped out his clan and left one alive to warn the other grouse. They now know ' "To live in fear of Paul Revere, for he carries the stick and string, when bugles have ceased and no cervids can be found , alas my ruffed friends he shall seek us out, keep low, keep wary, run to the brush, fight the urge to flush. the warning has been given it's up to all feathered to heed. Choose to ignore it and pie of pot you may meet.
The other part of this I find ironic is that in the theme of your handle Paul Revere you opted to leave one live. "One if by land two if by sea."

Can anyone show me a ruffed, a spruce, and a dusky side by side? I swear I saw all 3 on a trip to northern Idaho 3 weeks ago (place with lots of change in elevation and many types of vegetation). I'll be taking my single shot 20ga rail/coot gun when I return.

great pics folks! i'd add the pic of my grouse but took the muzzle loader for a walk (PA muzzle loader for both antlerless deer and black bear this past weekend) instead of the shotty so when the pair flushed 15-ish yards in front of me all i could do is wistfully watch them go. oh i could have sent a 295grn powerbelt after them but to be honest i'm not that good of a shot (lol).

Took the youngest boy out deer hunting. We walked down a old logging road never seen a deer but jumped alot of grouse. The poor pup was in grouse heaven except we where not hunting them. I let him flush a few up. On our way out was feeling like the pup had earned a retrieval. We flushed this blue chicken up and it landed in a fir. Deer rifle in the neck dog very happy. Youngest said thought we woulda missed. Lol great morning in hills. Off we go to championship football game and free the rest of the season.

Attachments

• Resized_20221024_122536.jpeg
    Resized_20221024_122536.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
Back